Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Yes, you do look fat in that!'

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 19 Replies

Ok got your attention?  Well, I have 3 sons. before i was preggo I was a decent 130 lbs.. I felt pretty, curvy and hubby and others always checked me out..lol  After 1st son, i had some left over preggo weight..ok, 10 lbs??   2nd son, not too bad..lol  3rd devil son~I ballooned up to 200, before he was born, and 6 months later- still 185 and up. Cpl years i kept that weight on.  Wasnt getting checked out, hubby didnt touch me and i was the one begging for sex.  My clothes never fit right but thought they were still ok to wear.. One night we were going to go out and my outfit was too tight, but I looked good..I asked my husband, 'does this make me look fat?'   He told me the truth--finally.. Yes,you do look fat in that'

I cried, he said what needed to be said..

I started the next day to get thin again.  I am at 140 lbs now, and finally feeling better..

Anyone out there ever ask that question but not wanting 'the answer'???

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have an extremely honest husband. He will tell me every time if I look fat. I love him for his honesty. 

Photo: -Randi.

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Eh. I have mirrors. I know I'm lookin fat.

Megan11587
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't ask questions I don't want to hear the answers to.

Jessiejem
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

No , if I ask I want brutal honesty

CamoChick
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

shortly after I had my first son, I tried on my favorite jeans.  I asked how my butt looked and the response was..."looks like you crammed your ass in those jeans"!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

same here.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I have an extremely honest husband. He will tell me every time if I look fat. I love him for his honesty. 

SpnFulOfSugar
My husband has never said a negative thing about my appearance.
mcclainprincess
My so tells me that unless i start to weigh more than him he really doesn't notice any type of weight gain... Lol.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

my husband has never said that to me.  and i'm actually fat.  i think i would my feelings would be so hurt if he told me that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
My husband will tell me if something doesn't fit well but he always tells me he loves my body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)