Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've concluded there's no way to address her bad breath without offending her. *Sigh*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 16 Replies

My coworker has dragon breath. It's just aweful. And, of course, she's one of those who likes to lean in close when she's talking to you. She is a delight though. Very friendly. Super funny. And definitely NOT the type you want to offend. But I do have to work closely with her on some projects and breathing just becomes impossible for me. I've thought about offering her one of my Icebreaker mints or a stick of Big Red. Too obvious. I try to lean away to put a little distance between us. She leans with me. I reposition the documents we are reviewing together so they are closer to her rather than right in the middle of us. She moves them back to the middle. I've reached a stinky dead end. I'm destined to breathe through my mouth for the remainder of my time here. I've lost all hope.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

just leave a jar of mints on your desk in the hopes she grabs one.

garnet83
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Get this. She has mints AND gum in her desk drawer. She gives them to everyone else but doesn't partake of them herself.

Quoting starlight91:

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Maybe sit a bowl of altoids ( the cinnamon and mint mixed together) in between you and tell her they are for anybody who what's one? You can switch them out now and then with andies chocolate mint candies and other minty treats.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Bring in mints that are like candy and ask if she'd like any. Tic tacs, those soft peppermint candies, the sour icebreakers. Just be like "have you tried these yet? They taste good!"

Better than nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I would offer her a mint for real. Thats one thing I just adress from jump, bc I couldnt deal with it indefinately.

starlight91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

maybe she knows and thats why she keeps getting close to you, to see if you will say anything.lol

Quoting garnet83:

Get this. She has mints AND gum in her desk drawer. She gives them to everyone else but doesn't partake of them herself.

Quoting starlight91:

garnet83
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh that's a mean little game.

Quoting starlight91:

maybe she knows and thats why she keeps getting close to you, to see if you will say anything.lol

Quoting garnet83:

Quoting starlight91:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Go in early one day and put toothpaste, mouthwash and a toothbrush on her desk, anonymously of course. Maybe she will get the hint then.

meaganmac
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I would just tell her. I'd say something like, "I really don't want to offend you, but if it was me I would want someone to tell me. You have bad breath." No need to be rude about it. She probably doesn't know and will be more horrified that she's been going around grossing people out with her bad breath than be offended that you told her.
Mamasgirl524
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)