Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random question but don't know who else to ask...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
So dh's bday is on Saturday and he really wants a tool box.

I was going to have my stepdad come with me to pick one out and then bring it to my house in his truck. Well he got stuck with extra shifts at work this week and won't be able to help me.

I can pick one out but I don't have a way to get it home.

So my question....does anyone know how heavy they are usually? I'll probably get a top chest and the bottom part that is on wheels so two parts.
I can have my dad meet me and have the store people put it in his truck. My dad had a brain tumor removed several years ago and it has left him with impairments in his one leg, so he wouldn't be able to help me get it out of his trucks.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Go to sears. They deliver.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
But not in time for dh's bday...I already called and asked.

I should have planned ahead but life has been crazy the last few weeks

Quoting hautemama83:

Go to sears. They deliver.
xoxryanxox
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

almost every store will help load it into a truck and some will even deliver (for a fee)

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Lowes will usually deliver for you.  Just go to the store and pick it out, they will drive it to your house. 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Go to a locally owned store, they will deliver it for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
But my problem is getting it out of the truck once we get it to my house lol

I waited too long and the places I've called wont be able to deliver until next week.

Quoting xoxryanxox:

almost every store will help load it into a truck and some will even deliver (for a fee)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'll call. I've called sears, home depot and another local hardware store and they won't be able to deliver until next week. Lowes is a bit further away so I'd rather not have to drive out there but if it's my only choice, I'll have to.

Do you think it's too heavy for me to take out of the truck by myself?

Quoting Stephd710:

Lowes will usually deliver for you.  Just go to the store and pick it out, they will drive it to your house. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Yes, they are pretty heavy.  So you would need some help and a dolly to move it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll call. I've called sears, home depot and another local hardware store and they won't be able to deliver until next week. Lowes is a bit further away so I'd rather not have to drive out there but if it's my only choice, I'll have to.

Do you think it's too heavy for me to take out of the trick by myself?

Quoting Stephd710:

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Guy friend?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I can borrow my stepdads dolly but if its too heavy for me the dolly wont help lol grrrrr

Quoting Stephd710:

Yes, they are pretty heavy.  So you would need some help and a dolly to move it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think it's too heavy for me to take out of the trick by myself?

Quoting Stephd710:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)