Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not ER worthy but question....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
No, no. I'm not dying. No one is in need of an emergency amputation.

I just have a quick question. I should know the answer but when it's you (me), everything I know escapes my big head.

Anyways, I was attempting to prepare my darling family a delicious dinner for this evening. I'm cooking Crockpot Chicken Parm. I had to shallow fry the chicken first and because as luck would have it, the oil popped right in my damn eye. I shit you not, a direct shot. I swear there are two things in this world that don't aim for your eye but always does. If you have a dirty mind, you understand.

Anyway! I can see, I'm not in a lot of pain. I have a burning sensation on my waterline and in my eye I feel like there's something there. I've looked, flushed it for about 5 minutes (uber comfy btw).

Could it be an actual burn to my eye? Any other tips to make sure my eye doesn't decide to secretly plop out at random notice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Well an eye patch should keep the eye ball in place :) lol jk sorry, I have no advice. Here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Not a bad idea! I can all piratey!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

Well an eye patch should keep the eye ball in place :) lol jk sorry, I have no advice. Here's a bump!
Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM

If you can see fine, the burn is probably on the white of your eye. The eye generally heals very quickly so I'd only worry if it gets worse. Or oozes out of your head.

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Just keep using saline, don't let your eye get dry.  Since you can still see, I don't think it's a problem :)

madwifa
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
You prob did burn your eyeball. It would be best to go to the eye dr or you could using the all natural like systance all though out the day it should help some. I lost 1/2. My cornia one time and had antibiotic droo and jad to use the other ones daily for more then 6 months. It helped speed up the healing because the eye has to maintain wetness to heal.
Sorry for any typos.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I've done that before and unless it really really hurts and/or your vision is impaired it should be fine in a day or two.  Just try not to rub it.

fenders35
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

keep rinsing ...also make an appointment with t-he eye Dr to get it looked at

Benjamins-mama
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I would go and get it checked out.  

Karen_29
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I would keep flushing your eye for,now. go to eye dr and get them to check it out though.
daughteroftruth
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

been there before.  i just kept my eye moist, eye drops seemed to help soothe the eye.. within a few days the pain was gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)