Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job Vent..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I been with my job for 5 years. Employee of the month two years in a row. I have trained everyone that has walked through the door, even supervisors/management. Every week someone sends an email praising the work and the excellent customer service I provide. I applied for a team lead/ supervisor position three time. The first time I didn't get it but I trained the one who did. (this person never even did an insurance job before.) I am a licensed agent, I can sale insurance, not just pay medical claims. The second time I applied I didn't even get interviewed. Guess what I trained that manager also. Now this is the third time. We are not only short supervisors we are short agents as well. So i sent the VP my resume to show her how qualified I am... Well I had my interview, they praised me but then said, the way I take notes they don't know how that will work. I note take in short had and abbreviations that are company wide abbreviations. They interviewed two people that hasn't worked for insurance but were family friends of the President of the company. They want 22.00 an hour I want. 18.00. I'm trained and highly skilled in everything I do. I only have had a .58 cents raise sense i started. This is pure ridiculous. I'm sad and upset. I don't want to leave because I'm comfortable, but I have to. If they give the position to a total stranger I will act a damn fool, because i know they will ask me to train..

:( sorry had to vent to someone who really dont care anyways.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

emandab
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Wow, that's a bunch of bullshit!  It sounds like you are too good in the position your in that they don't want to lose you for the higher position.  It's happened to me before and it sucks.  I would at the very least demand a pay raise.  Or maybe a "training" wage.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM
It may not be the way you take notes but your grammar. If you write your notes as you did above that could be the problem. Perhaps you could take a business writing course to help you improve?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Well they said they will consider a raise, thats something they ahd already been looking into. The VP stated she didnt know I had gotten paid the lesser amount in my job position. Everyone that is left I trained myself. We went from 102 employees to 5 so to no one getting raises. Yet Im still here. I cry so much behind how Im treated here but yet Im still working for this place.

Quoting emandab:

Wow, that's a bunch of bullshit!  It sounds like you are too good in the position your in that they don't want to lose you for the higher position.  It's happened to me before and it sucks.  I would at the very least demand a pay raise.  Or maybe a "training" wage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I am willing to change what is needed. Again I feel that I want get chosen again for the position. If my only problem is the way I take notes or my grammar versus hiring a totally new person for the job that is just to much. Why go through three weeks training with someone, when all you have to do is allow me to correct one simple mistake. The most craziest thing is; I copy and paste from the policies. Only time I abbreviate is when I say a patient has out of pocket expense to consider while processing the medical bill.(oop.. is what i use) everything else is copied from policy directly. That is just a tactic they are using to not allow me to take on the supervisor position. They like me enough to keep me but not enough to move me up the chain...

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

It may not be the way you take notes but your grammar. If you write your notes as you did above that could be the problem. Perhaps you could take a business writing course to help you improve?

miss-karla
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
they are using you. do they have other trainers?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

We don't have a job position for trainers its like they just say sit with Tiffany she will teach you all you need to know... So I train them just to add to my resume when need be. Now its just completely frustrating and tiring.

Quoting miss-karla:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Oh man, that sucks. Sounds like they're just using you to train people. You probably have a great résumé and will make way more at a different company.
miss-karla
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
yep sounds like they want to keep u there but not move u up any further.
have u asked for why they won't promote u?
u should ask for a review and see wat ur lacking and I guess they can help u with any issues. maybe they don't see u as management material...
talk to them :)

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have a job position for trainers its like they just say sit with Tiffany she will teach you all you need to know... So I train them just to add to my resume when need be. Now its just completely frustrating and tiring.

Quoting miss-karla:

.stella.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Refuse to train the next manager. REFUSE! See how they like them apples. A .58 cent raise in 5 years is unacceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)