Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O - What do YOU deem to be essential services?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

By essential, I mean anything that could be life saving. Example- doctors, ambulance drivers, nurses, fire fighters.....

I think that any of the above mentionned should not get to pick and choose who they help. Their salaries should not have a fee attached which determines if you recieve help or not. Yes, you can be billed after whatever emergency that neccesitated their help arose, but those fields should NOT be allowed to play God.

What say you?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Bumpity bump

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I guess this is a spinoff from the other post. I think these are all essential & being that I think they are, if I live in an area that doesn't pay taxes for them but I can opt in to receive these services by paying a yearly fee, I'm going to pay it just like I pay for insurance that I don't have to pay for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Agree.
PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I think whatever county you are in should assure these services, especially if you are paying any kind of property tax.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I guess this is a spinoff from the other post. I think these are all essential & being that I think they are, if I live in an area that doesn't pay taxes for them but I can opt in to receive these services by paying a yearly fee, I'm going to pay it just like I pay for insurance that I don't have to pay for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

If you know that you owe money for the service, and you choose not to pay it, you're choosing to take the risk.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Unfortunately, that just isn't the case everywhere though and if you live in an area that you don't pay taxes or don't pay taxes for that service, that's a decision you have to make. Neither of my neighbors has homeowner's insurance. I think they are nuts but that's their choice. And I have no doubt that if they had to pay a fee for any of the services you listed, they wouldn't pay it either. Some people are just like that.

Quoting PaintballBtch:

I think whatever county you are in should assure these services, especially if you are paying any kind of property tax.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Agreed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)