Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy it?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 40 Replies

I'm totally ready to go back to work in August when my oldest starts school. I'm just bored of the whole SAHM thing. I want some me time. I love my kids, but I just need some time to myself.

So uh, what is an enjoyable job? I was thinking accounting for a rental company (I'm nosey and like finance) or applying for a department secretary job at the university. I have no idea what I want to do, I mostly just want to sit somewhere quiet and have a lunch break to myself. Hm...

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM
What's your degree in?

I'm a SAHM, but I own a wine consulting business.
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Then you wouldn't like what I do. I work in child care. It's LOUD.  LOL  I'm looking to change careers though.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have an associate degree in business, which is pretty useless by itself, but I'm working to finish up my bachelors degree. I just want some kind of recent experience on my resume by the time I graduate. 

Quoting SommelierMom:

What's your degree in?

I'm a SAHM, but I own a wine consulting business.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I would be a terrible childcare worker. I have little patience for children that are not mine. 

Quoting casah4:

Then you wouldn't like what I do. I work in child care. It's LOUD.  LOL  I'm looking to change careers though.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a full time nanny and I love my job, summers are a tad harder because neither are in school but it also means we Can spend the whole day out at the zoo or such without worrying about being home in time for school to get out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I'm a district manager for T-Mobile, I work for a company called marketsource. I manage the national retail accounts, not corporate. It has it's pros and cons. I enjoy it 75% of the time.

What I absolutely love, paid for mileage, reimbursed for meals up to $35 a day, make my own schedule, incredibly flexible, salary pay with no worry of working overtime, get to interact with people.

What I don't like, upper management. Communication is lacking, no support, no raises ever. Unless you get promoted.

I worked part time for them just doing sales and I had no complaints. Good pay for part time hours, still flexible. Easy job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyasMommy463
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I am a mental healthy therapist.  I have my Masters Degree in Social work......Been doing it for 9 years and I am jaded at this point

countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I am a SAHM and no, I don't enjoy it. It's what everyone in my family wants except me so I'm hanging in there. I don't hate it, I just don't feel like I'm accomplishing much. I feel like there is more to life than what I'm doing. When I was in school I was a pretty smart person, but now my brain has turned to mush from not using much of it....lol. 

I do want to go to college or get a job I'm just not sure what I want to do. 

Katieatie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I am a FCC provider (own my own daycare), its fine but Ive came to the conclusion that I do not want to do this for the rest of my life. Im enrolled to start fall college classes, I will become a social worker :)

.stella.
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I work in the medical field. I love it 95% of the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)