Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a SAHM, how much does your dh/so make?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am just curious how much your family lives on?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (241-243):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM

That's rough :(

I hope things start looking up for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they are giving him a hard time. First they didn't give him bah for this duty station so he was coming out of pocket and and when our son was born he had issues putting him him deers. They finally back paid him this recent paycheck from april only giving him like $600 a check and his chain wasn't filling out the paperwork or letting him go through finance.

His backpack was about 8grand. Finally after struggling for months.

They also have him pulling cq every weekend. So he basically works every single day. He basically feels like they hate him. He also pissed off someone in his coc and guess they are holding off on promoting him, like ever.

He said if they give him the option to get out early he'll take it. He's not done for another 3 years but wants out asap. I good be changes his mind though. I think if he sticks with it things will turn around.

Quoting lwalker270:

He did.  Around the twelve year mark he had a really poor CO that made everyone completely miserable.  He looked into getting out, but it just didn't make sense for him to leave with over 10 years in and he decided to just stick it out.  Looking back, it was the right decision for him, but he definitely had a rough couple of years.  

Hopefully your hubbys just hitting a rough spot -- it happens :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is off topic, but did your dh ever want to leave the military when he was younger? My dh has been in for only about 5 years but he said he's sick of it and wants to get out. I really don't want him to but I haven't discussed it with him

Quoting lwalker270:

It depends on her DHs rank, time-in-service, etc.  

My husband's been in 25 years, so there is a HUGE difference in what we made starting out and what we do now.  

Quoting Anonymous:

But cafemom has taught me that military people live in poverty and get food stamps. You mean to say those people aren't being truthful *gasp*

Quoting Anonymous:

Military. Last year he made $96,000

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Me too. But thanks for listening as I accidentally word vomit and give too much information about my personal life with way to many typos. Lol thank God for the anon button. =p

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they are giving him a hard time. First they didn't give him bah for this duty station so he was coming out of pocket and and when our son was born he had issues putting him him deers. They finally back paid him this recent paycheck from april only giving him like $600 a check and his chain wasn't filling out the paperwork or letting him go through finance.

They also have him pulling cq every weekend. So he basically works every single day. He basically feels like they hate him. He also pissed off someone in his coc and guess they are holding off on promoting him, like ever.

He said if they give him the option to get out early he'll take it. He's not done for another 3 years but wants out asap. I good be changes his mind though. I think if he sticks with it things will turn around.

Quoting lwalker270:

He did.  Around the twelve year mark he had a really poor CO that made everyone completely miserable.  He looked into getting out, but it just didn't make sense for him to leave with over 10 years in and he decided to just stick it out.  Looking back, it was the right decision for him, but he definitely had a rough couple of years.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is off topic, but did your dh ever want to leave the military when he was younger? My dh has been in for only about 5 years but he said he's sick of it and wants to get out. I really don't want him to but I haven't discussed it with him

Quoting lwalker270:

My husband's been in 25 years, so there is a HUGE difference in what we made starting out and what we do now.  

Quoting Anonymous:

But cafemom has taught me that military people live in poverty and get food stamps. You mean to say those people aren't being truthful *gasp*

Quoting Anonymous:

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
No worries. I've been known to do it myself :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too. But thanks for listening as I accidentally word vomit and give too much information about my personal life with way to many typos. Lol thank God for the anon button. =p

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)