Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dear parents with kids with autism

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why do you think everyone is accepting of your children but when they grow they could care less.I'm just venting because I have autism and it has always been hard to connect because I'm a bit slower and have speech issues.what's even worse is I come on this site and still only get picked on for being different.I can't spell right or I sound uneducated.just because we grow up and have family's of our own does not mean our autism magically disappears! I'm sick of it.I'm deleting my account as of today.I still cannot connect with anyone in person and not even online.if you are a mother of a kid with autism get them all the help you can so they can be normal.I wasn't dx instill I was an adult so I never got help as a kid.now since I'm grown I don't qualify or have money to pay to get help.I wish I could not have have autism for one fucking day and be able to talk to someone that's not family and not be asked if I'm slow or uneducated.or people talking behind my back how I'm odd.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you want to be! :( 

I don't have autism and my kids don't either so I don't know what your going through.

But who gives a fuck what people say on the internet?!

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

This may not have been the best group to go to. People just dont get what they cant understand and I am sure none of the people that have offended you knew you have autism. There are plenty of nice people here. Sorry for your struggle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Your right.iv had a bad day and let a post get to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you want to be! :( 

I don't have autism and my kids don't either so I don't know what your going through.

But who gives a fuck what people say on the internet?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
There are adult autism online groups out there for people that have autism, and for their loved ones. It might be a good way for you to connect with people who understand your differences.
lonelygirl_72
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I will be your friend on here you can pm me all you want.I have a 15 year old daughter who wasn't diagnosed until last year.I know what you are going through.If you want to get to know me and talk pm me i will listen and talk to you.(((HUGS)))

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Im sorry you feel that way.

Just remember that no matter what dx you have...love you first, then others can follow.

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I am not sure.

I am sorry that people are being rude, and mean to you.

I have always been kind to everyone, kids, adults, disabled, "typical". That is how I was raised, to treat everyone with respect and kindness and that is what I am doing for my daughters.

My 3 year daughter who is autistic has only encountered one or 2 mean people mainly because she was crying due to over stimulation.

I wish I had some answers for you... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I dint know this

Quoting Anonymous:

There are adult autism online groups out there for people that have autism, and for their loved ones. It might be a good way for you to connect with people who understand your differences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

dont feel bad, whenever I reply and/or compose a post I sometimes get beat down, don't take it to heart, some women on here can be idiots.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I have 2 boys with autism. My dh was just diagnosed with autism...I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I can kind of understand. It's hard, I know my dh has his hard times. They have autism groups on here and they are very nice there and very helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured