Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wake Up and DO something!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Do you allow your children to sleep into the afternoon? Is there a certain time they have to be up? Ages.

Just wondering. Growing up I had to be out of bed by ten a.m. Anybody else have rules like that?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
My son has an internal clock set to go off before 7
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

my kids are almost 4 and 6 at 7pm on weeknights they need to be in their beds watching a movie and calming down. They can have their ds or tablets i dont care as long as they are relaxing. they need to be asleep by 9pm.

school days they are up at 6 20 and and summer by 8am they do not sleep in the day time ( my almost 4 year old occasionally will nap on her own)

CafeMom Tickers
SuperPickle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I wish my kids would sleep in a little at least every now and then LOL. My oldest is 11 and is up by 6 no matter what time he goes to bed....he went to a concert with DH a few weeks ago, didnt get home until 3 and still was up with the sun.

My other 2 (9 and almost 7)are ususally up by 7 or 7:30, occasionally 8.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

weekends and summer we were allowed to sleep as long as we wanted/needed, unless something specific was planned

My DD is 4 1/2, I let her sleep until she wakes up... growing kiddos need their sleep! Their bodies tell them the right time to wake up :)

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Everyone in my house is up before 6, so we have no need for any rules.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Only during the school year...
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM

It depends on what we did the night before.  My kids are still young so I am pretty flexible.  If we stayed up the night before watching movies, I let them sleep in.  My 7 year old decided the other night he was going to sneak and get on the computer after everyone was asleep.  My husband got up to use to the bathroom and caught him on the computer, this was about 3 am.  My son got up at 6am that morning and had to stay up all day.  Sleeping until 12 or 1pm?  No.

Katieatie

My 5 year old would sleep the day away. I wake him at 8:00.

Jade_Lufercus

Nope. I highy doubt I would enforce anything like that, either. When I was a kid I was up and out by 8-9. As a teenager I wouldn't be out of bed before 11. 

balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My DD is the only one who would sleep until noon if we let her. Most of the time we get her up at 10:30. She is 13.

My boys are generally in the kitchen by 8:30 the latest. Sometimes they are up for a while and then come in when they here me making coffee. DS1 is 15 and just doesn't sleep. He tends to think too much. DS2 is 8 and 7:30 seems to be his natural wake up time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)