Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rioting in LA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Check out KTLA news site in LA. Crenshaw is an all black neighborhood so they are just pissing I'm their own home. Glad I don't live next to
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Bump
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Check out KTLA news site in LA. Crenshaw is an all black neighborhood so they are jusy pissing I'm their own home. Glad I don't live next to

Um....what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
There are riots going on in Los Angeles Ca. Protestors are tearing up the streets of LA because the don't agree with the TM ruling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I can't make out what you're trying to say.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Video link:.

http://www.inquisitr.com/851039/los-angeles-riots-video-trayvon-martin/

Los Angeles Riots: News Crew Attacked, Violent Zimmerman Verdict Protest Footage Emerges [Video]

• Journalist Assaulted By Trayvon Martin Protestors

Los Angeles riots in the Crenshaw area on Monday night turned violent, including an attack on a KCAL/CBS reporter Dave Bryan and his cameraman. It was the third day of protests in Los Angeles after a six-member Florida jury found George Zimmerman "not guilty" on all counts in the shooting death of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

You can see aerial footage of some of the rioting taken by an ABC 7 Eyewitness News helicopter that allowed their team to capture an overhead view of the small group of rioters who attacked vehicles, buildings, and even the KCAL news van.

Los Angeles Times reporter Ruben Vives also tweeted some of the events, and I've included some of his messages below. L.A. police chief Charlie Beck said that there were 13 arrests, but there were from 100 to 150 people who broke away from a peaceful protest in Leimart Park to cause the problems in Crenshaw.

A KCAL report said that shortly before 10 PM, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) was forced to declare an unlawful assembly and disperse the crowd.

Mayor Eric Garcetti, Police Chief Charlie Beck, and others held a press conference shortly after 11 PM to discuss the new Los Angeles riots. He recognized the majority of peaceful protestors and then added: "The Martin family was very clear that...The best way to honor their son and their loved one is in a non-violent manner."

NBC Los Angeles further quoted Garcetti as saying, "The Martin family didn't ask anybody to break car windows. They didn't ask anybody to take little kids' scooters. They didn't ask anybody to attack businesses. And they certainly didn't say to take over traffic in the streets."

Beck said that because of Monday night's riots in Los Angeles, LAPD would have to be much stricter on Tuesday to prevent a recurrence of the violence.

Both Dave Bryan and his unnamed cameraman were attacked in the assault on the KCAL news van, but only one man was taken to the hospital. The full details haven't yet been reported on who it was or how badly he was hurt.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/851039/los-angeles-riots-video-trayvon-martin/#5MITkF5eW35BApu4.99

With light and love

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she is trying to say there have been a small scale riot on Los Angeles over the Zimmerman verdict. There has been, I just saw it on the news. It's a black neighborhood, so they are only hurting people/store owners of their own race.

In my opinion, if the NAACP wants to really help African Americans they will take a stand against the black on black violence. That is the real problem. Not the few instances of white on black crime. Chicago could really use some help right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Do they have nothing better to do
LectioDivina
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

It's Jerry Springer for me...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Yeah they are. Yesterday was the second day they did this shit. What dumbasses. They were also fighting amongst themselves
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)