Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 10 year old son is being such a jerk today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

My 10 year old is being such a jerk today. he is arguing with everyone. and demanding me to do stuff for him. 

He came to me and said " mom i am hurgry fix me something to eat NOW! I looked at him and said let me tell you something boy, if you want me to fix you something to eat you best ask me nicely or you won't eat until dinner tonight. uggg

He is screaming at his sister just being rude to everyone. I swear if he keeps this shit up his ass is going to be grounded. He has been doing this all day.

I think he is going to bed early tonight.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaR7
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him you only go out of your way for people who are kind to you.  And he has to speak nicely to you.  Talking to you that way won't accomplish his goal.  If he can't be nice to you or his sister, then take tv time away from him or video games for 2 hours until he can prove that he can be nice to his sister and talk to you in a respectful manner.

MicheleJM
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I would have directed him into the kitchen and handed him a cookbook. Id said you arent a cripple do it yourself....
Ds10 wouldnt get up today. I made him a frozen waffle and by the time he appeared at the table it was cold. So he asked for another. I said nope you can get up and you know where the microwave and the toaster is. I have to get ready for work. So he started sulking. I said well then I guess its cereal at camp for you. Next time dont wait until the 10th time I call you out of bed. I think its the age they think you are there to serve them. Ummm no I am not I am MOM not your damn servant....
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Well why have you let it go on? Punish his ass.
Ummmmm80
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM
He'd be in his room all day with nothing to do if he acted like that here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

well I told him he isn't going outside to play with his friend  when he friend get home from daycare and if he keeps it up i am taking in playstation away.

he came to me and told me he was sorry and i told him to prove it by changing his behavior and attitude for the rest of the day but he still isn't playing this afternoon.

Quoting spunky946:

Well why have you let it go on? Punish his ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM

My oldest 2 (9yrs. & 8yrs) have been doing that to me at breakfast.  They're pretty good about coming to the table, but then they just sit there and wait for me to serve them.  I get down everything they can't reach and the rest is up to them.  I ask them all the time if there legs or arms are broken. 

Quoting MicheleJM:

I would have directed him into the kitchen and handed him a cookbook. Id said you arent a cripple do it yourself....
Ds10 wouldnt get up today. I made him a frozen waffle and by the time he appeared at the table it was cold. So he asked for another. I said nope you can get up and you know where the microwave and the toaster is. I have to get ready for work. So he started sulking. I said well then I guess its cereal at camp for you. Next time dont wait until the 10th time I call you out of bed. I think its the age they think you are there to serve them. Ummm no I am not I am MOM not your damn servant....

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

My ss is 10 and I have struggling with him being so rude to me lately. He was always very respectful, but, lately he has been bring me to tears. My dh is a great dad, and takes away privileges if he has a disrespectful attitude. I am thinking it is the age since I have read a couple replies on here that say the same sort of thing. Stay strong, and be consistent, that is what I try to do.

cw23bits
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I hear you. When my oldest son was 10, he was an absolute brat. He never stopped whining. He would throw tantrums in public - you know, stuff 4 year olds do. Totally embarrassing. He would just shock me sometimes with how rude he could be to me, his father, and his siblings.

Fortunately, it gets better. He's 14 now and for the most part has turned back into a total sweetie. He even likes to cuddle on the couch with me again (not so easy because he's well over 6 feet tall now, lol). Occassionally his anger issues resurface but we are mostly able to keep it under control. Good luck!

kagegirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i would have popped him in the mouth

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Ask him if he's on his man period. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)