Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kindergarten?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My oldest ds starts kindergarten this year we are in a new town so I don't know much about the school district. I've already been to the school (before this last school year ended) and filled out paperwork he did his testing and i havent heard anything from the school since. I've been trying to figure out when I will know what teacher he has etc. I know everywhere is different but does your school send out letters make phone calls or do they have like a group orientation?

School starts aug 22nd here and I'm just worried I'm not doing this registration right and he won't be enrolled. I know I'm probably over reacting but I worry a lot over little things like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
We got a teacher assignment letter like two weeks before school started
There was a meet the teacher day the week before school started
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Our school does something called readifest where you can meet his teacher and get a supply list. They also hand out useful items like folder, notebooks, and pencils.  Maybe call the school or check their website and see what it says.  Our school has an event calendar posted on the district site. Good Luck.

HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
A week before school is set to start go in the school office and ask. The staff should be there.

To answer your question, out school posts the info on a fence the day before school starts and parents have to go look at it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Call the school and ask. I did that when we moved.
squeekers
by squeekers on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

best bet, the 15th of August, contact your school's main district office and ask them.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Our district usually sends out a letter late July/early August with all of the details.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Check the website

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Our school puts out the class lists at 4pm the day before school starts and after the office is closed. They do it so nobody can complain about the assignment.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the school and ask. I did that when we moved.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Check online for the supply list, or pick one up in walmart. You should get a card from the school in the mail about who his teacher is. When you go to the school to drop off supplies and meet the teacher they will have someone from transportation there to tell you the school bus number and pick up and drop off times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)