Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Souls and fetuses..(Trigger)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

So I have a question for those who are pro-life because of their Christianity.  

I have wondered about this ever since I was a young adult who at that time was a Christian myself. I haven't been Christian for a long time but I still wonder about this topic. 

Apologies if this has been done again and again, I know abortion debates are common but this isn't really a straightforward abortion debate. 

Here is what I am curious about, according to the Christian belief the souls of aborted babies go straight to heaven yet it's vehemently opposed.   So even though I can understand Christians thinking abortion is wrong, I don't understand why it's such a huge issue if the souls of the aborted go straight to the arms of Jesus in your belief.  Isn't that a comforting thought?  Why not take comfort in that and allow women bodily autonomy and freedom to make their own health care choices?

Many Catholics believe that the greatest tragedy of abortion is not the actual deaths of preborn babies, but their loss of Heaven due to the fact that they were not baptized.

So I'm curious as to what your thoughts on the fates of aborted babies souls are and why the potential humans must be born if they are going to a better place in case of abortion. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

BUMP!

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Bump. I am not reglious and believe we get our souls when we are born.
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Interesting point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM
That's an interesting question for sure. I'm Christian but pro choice so I can't answer.
isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Why not kill the handicapp and those with little or no function? I mean your doing them a favor, by sending them to Jesus right? Sounds crazy doesn't it.
Theoddone
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I believe they go to limbo. I think it might not actually be taught in the Catholic Church anymore but it makes sense to me and I continue to believe. I believe the church believes they go to purgatory because they can't go to heaven.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Here is my POV...

Original sin a Christian concept. Hebrews do not believe in it. So basically, until Christianity was formed there was no idea that we are born flawed.

Why would god create something just to condemn it?

The soul does not enter the body until a fetus takes its first breath according to the OT.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)