Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog attacked someone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have a male GSD who is a trained protection dog. We live out in the sticks and have run ins with wild animals which was the main reason why we paid to have him trained to do what he does. He also helps us hunt the wild boars. A year ago today we had a problem. There was a man on our property and my son came running in to tell me. I told him to call 911. I was watching from my porch when he started walking towards my house. I asked him who he was and why he was here and told him not to come any closer. He didn't want to tell me his name or anything. I told him that if he came any closer my dog was going to get him. He kept coming closer and closer so I gave my dog the command and he ran after the guy. When he fell to the ground I called my dog off and yelled at him to stay there until the police came and if he tried to move i would let my dog go. 

The police came and i told them that the guy was freaking my kids out and when I asked him to stay away from the house he just kept coming closer. They gave my dog some praise and took the man into custody. It turns out he had three warrants out for his arrest for B&E and they had been looking for him. I never once thought that my dog would attack a person but in this case I felt it was necessary. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM

yay!!!  good job, doggie!

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Um...wow! Glad you had your dog; sounds like the guy could have been dangerous
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Sounds good to me!!! 

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Go doggie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Yay! Good doggy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Quoting almondpigeon:

yay!!!  good job, doggie!

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Good doggie!  I had a dog that saved my life before. It was the very last day i ever spent in my house with my no ex husband. We had been discussing divorce and argueing. I went to take a nap before my shift at our company started and was woke up with his hands around my neck choking me. We had two dogs and my sweet loving snowflake is the one that bit him. He even admits that had she not of bitten clean thru his hand he would have killed me. 

Photo: -Randi.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Good dog. This is why I got 2 of my dogs a little protection training and with the arrival of my brother's Dutch Shepherd I feel very safe.

Acid
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Well done doggie.

I have a Black Russian Terrier.  He protected me from a potential problem a couple of years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Wow that's awesome! My parents have a German shepherd too, he's scary as hell but really hard headed so he doesn't listen to commands... He will attack though, even tried to attack my husband (bf at the time) when we were making out because he didn't want him messing with me lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)