Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really wonder what the h3ll is wrong with our youth sometimes

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

Trayvoning: The Sickening New Social Media Trend You Shouldn't Attempt

trayvoning:, the, sickening, new, social, media, trend, you, shouldnt, attempt,

Trayvoning: The Sickening New Social Media Trend You Shouldn't Attempt

Congratulations internet! You have once again found a new and innovative way to be extremely offensive. After several news outlets mistakenly showed an image of Trayvon Martin's body lying on the ground, a social trend began to reemerge; it's called "Trayvoning." 

Trayvoning involves a young boy, usually white and wearing a hood, lying face down on the ground, motionless, with a bag of skittles and iced tea next to him. Having similar characteristics of the trend known as planking, Trayvoning emerged right after the death of the young boy last year.

One individual told Fox 40 "I think it's very disrespectful to him and his family."

Another woman spoke to the same station, saying "I don't think it's very appropriate to do."

Not only is this inappropriate, it's insensitive, and just down right wrong. A young boy is dead. His mother and father have to live with that tragedy every day for the rest of their lives. To anyone out there who thinks it's funny to be Trayvoning, I strongly urge you to stop. It's unfitting of any sensible human being. 

Picture Credit: Pat Dollard

Just click on the picture to come visit.  There is no need to apply since our Lounge is open to all CafeMom members.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I'm so hoping these stupid trends are done with by the time mine are older. Most are just idiotic, but for this, my kid would be grounded and probably smacked. That's disrespectful and disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prieta05
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Fuck this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That's awful! I couldn't imagine how hard that is for his loved ones to see :/

With that said, teenagers don't have a fully developed brain. There was a national geographic article that explained it best but pretty much they are going to have bad judgement.
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Stupid is as stupid does. SMH

blues_pagan
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

If I ever found out my teen brother or sisters were doing this I would take my big sister card and teach them a lesson in respect.  This is just ridiculous.

hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
That is just so sad that they are making a joke of a person losing their life. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM

yet you're posting it on the internet yourself.smdh   

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Sad and pathetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I blame the piss poor and lazy parenting (or plain old lack of parenting in some cases) that is so rampant in this world today. People don't pay any attention to what their kids are doing any more.
blues_pagan
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

For discussion.  There are people here who have teenage children or who are related to them.  I think it is important as adults to be aware of these kinds of trends, don't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

yet you're posting it on the internet yourself.smdh   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)