Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a snob *groceries*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 177 Replies
1 mom liked this
Are their certain food items you have to buy certain brands of? Or refuse to buy specific brands?

I cannot stand Kraft cheese. I go to the deli and get nice fresh cheese as well as sliced deli meat. It tastes waaaay better and is usually the same price pretty much.

I won't buy cow milk. I only buy almond milk and the only juice I buy now is naked juice.

What about you?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
5 moms liked this
Certain things I only buy brand name, some things I buy generic. Just depends on what it is.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Some items I buy only brand name only and other items I will buy store brand. It just depends on what the item is

.stella.
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Name brand Coke, Kraft sliced cheese, and Kraft Mac n cheese. No we don't only eat crap, but all the other stuff doesn't really have *brands* (fruits, veggies, meats)

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to buy store brand cola or fake Oreos. Have to be the real thing. Pepsi and Oreos.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

There are lots of things like that. I don't buy processed cheese either. :)

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM
5 moms liked this
Heinz and Hellmans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids hate boxed mac n cheese and so do I  , I would rather buy sharp cheese and a box of elbows 

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I buy both, just depends what it is.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I only buy thick cut bacon and Jimmy dean Sausage because that's the only kinds DH will eat. I only buy Simply Orange brand orange juice. And I don't eat whipped cream out of the can; I make my own. We don't eat offbrand (store brand) chips oreos or Soda
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM

No cow milk. Almond only and it has to be organic. I also will only eat Heinz 57 ketchup.  I almost never buy store brand anything because I can almost always get name brand for the same or cheaper. I always get my hamburger from the butcher shoppe because it cooks up great.  Oh and only simply orange because I used to live in Florida and this is as close to fresh squeezed that I have found.

forgot I only buy Reinzi because I have a foodie book and it said that pasta with 100% semolina was best.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured