Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The media is ridiculous!

Posted by   + Show Post

All 3 stories are tragic, and heartbreaking, but where was the media for Autumn or Marley? I feel like it's a little one sided... Just saying.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Replies (21-25):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't hear about it because it is not something that can be sensationalized for ratings. 

Why did we hear about Caylee Anthony, but not that little girl who was locked in a closet and starved by her crackhead mom, who then reported her missing?  Because it was out of the norm for a pretty girl with a pretty mother to be murdered, while it is kind of uninteresting to the average veiwer to hear about a skanky, hideous crack head killing her not very attractive child. 

You will only hear about the stuff that the execs think will make the average person tune in.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I dont care if you are or not, but did you read the memes you posted, & do you understand that they're geared towards the lack of white coverage?

Quoting Litlmama87:

PLEASE, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY

THINK OF THE WHITE PEOPLE SO THESE POSTS WILL FUCKING DISAPPEAR.

Tomorrow is give a white person a hug day. Because you guys obviously need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Isn't it a bit off putting, the amount of posts these past few days, that do nothing but further cause division between races?

From what I'm seeing, white people don't feel acknowledged enough. Then there's always the people who comment on the posts, meant not for awareness, but to villainous another race, that accuses black people of thinking shit is owed to them.

If someone wants to promote awareness in these tragic cases that's great, but to use a family's (white, black, hispanic, etc.) loss to push their own flawed agenda, is just as bad as the media they're complaining about.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Wtf lady

Quoting Litlmama87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CookiePwnz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Did you also read the link I posted of the black woman who fired warning shots and got 20 years?

Perhaps, you should realize I'm not being selective of race. Read before you assume.

Here I'll re-post the link for you again;

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/313726.html

and this one

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

And here's this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

Therefore your argument about my "dividing races" is erroneous. 

Quoting Litlmama87:

I dont care if you are or not, but did you read the memes you posted, & do you understand that they're geared towards the lack of white coverage?

Quoting Litlmama87:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Of course the media is one sided, has been for years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN