Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you see a baby who's not cute

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you lie and say it is or do you say something like ohh how precious or look at those long fingers!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mittenmommie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes. I always hope they have lots of hair so I can comment on that instead lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I try not to outright lie. I always find something nice to say.  Ex." She has the cutest dimples" "that dress is to die for" "She totally has your nose" "He looks just like his Daddy"

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I don't say they are cute. I comment on their hair or eyes, or some other physical feature
Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
A random baby? I wouldn't comment. A relative/friend's baby I usually comment on their eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM

staci1103
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I usually say "oh what a cute outfit"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I lie. Ive only seen one baby who wasnt cute and she isnt only not cute, she is hideous. Like I dont even want to look at her. Its actually my sisters baby and that makes it hard to deal with. I know that sounds really mean, but everyone thinks so and you would too if you saw her. I feel so bad for my sister because everyone is always talking about how ugly her baby is when she isnt around.

alisheamonet33
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

aww look at him/her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
She may grow into her looks. I had a cousin who truly looked like she had Down syndrome but she didn't and now she's a gorgeous 18 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I lie. Ive only seen one baby who wasnt cute and she isnt only not cute, she is hideous. Like I dont even want to look at her. Its actually my sisters baby and that makes it hard to deal with. I know that sounds really mean, but everyone thinks so and you would too if you saw her. I feel so bad for my sister because everyone is always talking about how ugly her baby is when she isnt around.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I will say ...."Isn't that an Adorable baby" BUT I will also say this if I think the baby is cute also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)