Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

living beyond your means WHY??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

My dh has the man he works with who is always getting stuff he can't afford. and then he ends up asking us for money.

My dh and his coworker along with a few other just went to another job site, this job on this site is going to last for about 4 months. It is great because now he gets prediem and  10 hours and time and a half because they are now working 50 hours instead of 40. Anyways, the first week they were there was the week of the 4th. they had a 4 day weekend. within the weekend his coworker had called and ask to borrow $100 from us, of course we told him no because unlike him we have to buy our children food. total different post but his girlfriend screws the system and get food stamps.  

Well anyways, then he drives up Monday morning in a brand new truck, well what ever, their problem that they now have a $500 a month car note. Then yesterday he asked DH if we wanted to go to busch Gardens this weekend with them. Of course, my DH said we can't because we have to put back for the rent, buy lawn mower and get my car fix. My thing is  come Monday this man is going to asking to borrow money from DH again. asking him to buy him lunch or dipping snuff off my dh because he is broke  and can't buy his cigs. He is always doing this,  every Monday he is broke, he don't have money for lunch or he is out of cigs so he get som of my husband snuff. And he has asked quit a few times to borrow $50 or $100, which we don't have to loan out. He has had to borrow money to pay his rent from the boss. 

Why don't people try to live within their means. I would love to go to Busch Gardens or Unversial but i have bills that have to be paid, which comes first and i have to feed my kids. And is annoying that people who choose to live and spend foolishly try to borrow from people who don't. 

Outside of the new truck he just bought our bills are not much different and the pay is the same and he don't have to buy food, so why is he always broke. we actually have an $100 more in rent to pay as well. I tolD dh to tell this man next time to not ask again because we do not have the money to loan him. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I have no idea. I would never loan money to anyone. I have helped my family members out before by giving them money and letting them know that it was a one-shot deal. Whether you ask for $5 or $500, if you get money from me once, I will never give you another dime after that. My family is not a bank.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That is so annoying. I know people like that and it drives me nuts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)