Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when can we finally get past the color of someone's skin???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I am so tired of how rampant racism still is in the US. but of course people say, "I'm not racist, I have black/white/mexican/middle eastern friends." if you have to include the color of someone's skin in your description of them, then you're a racist. we are all HUMAN beings, the color of skin shouldn't matter at all. and people of all races should ALL have EQUAL rights. the continued existance of the NAACP & LULAC are further evidence that racism is still rampant in our country. Caucasian American don't an organization to ensure the protection of their civil rights, or special college scholarships/funds (UNCF). and if they did, African Americans and Hispanics would SCREAM racial discrimination. someone please explain to me how it isn't racism that other ethnicities have special groups, yet "white" people don't. 

before anyone jumps down my throat, my point is, as long as we have separate groups for separate ethnicities in our country, we will continue to have racism issues. having these groups only feeds the continued separation of races. 

I get that there are bigots who will never change, and unfortunately we will never be able to completely eradicate them. but the government and society doesn't need to feed the bigotry either. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM
My favorite "We're not racist against blacks we adopted a native american"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

what??? I've never heard that one!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM
That's what my incredibly racist Grandfather in law told me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I'm assuming he meant indian native american? 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what my incredibly racist Grandfather in law told me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

When we stop pointing it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Amen Sister!!! And dont forget the Black Music Award, Black MS America Pagent and Black TV. Let a white group start an all white Ms America pagent or something of the like and all hell would break lose. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I completely believe that in a few generations seperate colors won't even exist, or they'll be a very small minority. Even just in my family we're seeing it. There are 9 kids under 5, all different combinations of white, black, and Filipino, yet they are all literally the same color. I think its quite beautiful!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

cafmom has latina groups, african american mom groups, etc. I remember when someone tried to make a caucasian moms group just to prove a point, as expected it was deleted fast!

DreaM86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

While I get most of what you're saying, you're pretty much beating a dead horse. As I said in a post from yesterday, racism starts from HOME. Dont blame the organizations, blame the idiot parents that are teaching their kids to hate people for the color of their skin. 

As far as scholarships, there a plenty of scholarships geared towards PLENTY of groups of people. Single moms, single dads, military affiliated, nursing students, computer science students, employees of certain companies and many, MANY more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)