Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These habits of ours...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

When I smoked cigarettes my father in law would tell me "you know that's a "bad" habit and you need to stop". So eventually I did stop but I still have habits I don't really like doing. I am wondering what habits everyone else has that they don't like about themselves or things that you don't like about someone else. 

I bite my nails, I am an awful procrastinator, lately since becoming pregnant have taken the habit of midnight snacking. My husband blows his nose probably 10 times in an hour, and has to use chap stick haha.

I am sure I have more but what are your "bad" habits?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I bite my nails as well.  They look awful. I know its gross and there are germs I still can't help it.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a lot of bad habits and faults but I'm not here to talk about that.  I am here to talk about the fact I am tired of people saying "you know smoking is bad for you".  Yes, I DO KNOW THIS.  I don't need to be reminded every damn day, I get it.  AHHHHGJGJGJGJGLSGJGJDDLGHJLGHDDGLJ! 

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, not that is out of my system, rant over.  My bad habits drive all of my friends nuts.  It's a running joke that my closest friends peek in my fridge and cabinets to see if I've "missed" something.  Which means something out of place.  They swear I am an alien.  I bite my lips.  They are so scarred up now it's ridiculous. 

Lovinbeinamom5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Quoting MrsMiles85:

I have a lot of bad habits and faults but I'm not here to talk about that.  I am here to talk about the fact I am tired of people saying "you know smoking is bad for you".  Yes, I DO KNOW THIS.  I don't need to be reminded every damn day, I get it.  AHHHHGJGJGJGJGLSGJGJDDLGHJLGHDDGLJ! 

how would I smoke and be a parent. He would yell at me and be at me about it the whole time I was there. Thankfully he doesn't have a chance to do it about that habit of mine but he is starting to do it about me biting my nails now. I apologize if I made it seem I was calling smokers out I am not by any means.
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM

What?  Oh no honey, you didn't sound like that at all!  HE struck a cord with me because I too get told that a lot lol. 

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Quoting MrsMiles85:

how would I smoke and be a parent. He would yell at me and be at me about it the whole time I was there. Thankfully he doesn't have a chance to do it about that habit of mine but he is starting to do it about me biting my nails now. I apologize if I made it seem I was calling smokers out I am not by any means.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I incessantly bite my lips and cheeks. Also I crack all my fingers all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Smoking and cursing.
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Drink to much soda. East to much junk food.
Lovinbeinamom5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quoting MrsMiles85:

What?  Oh no honey, you didn't sound like that at all!  HE struck a cord with me because I too get told that a lot lol. 

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Quoting MrsMiles85:

Sorry for some reason half of what I had typed disappeared on me. Yeah he was a pain in my butt funny thing is is that he smoked for over 20 years and has quit now for about 6 years. Thank you for your replies and sharing your "bad" habits :)
Lovinbeinamom5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)