Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A welfare success story.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
9 moms liked this
30 months ago: I got pregnant and the father walked out on us. I ended with a part time job that didn't cover my bills so I ended up on welfare. I found another job but still didn't cover everything.

14 months ago: Ended up going back to school to continue my architecture degree. I took a 3D computer design class and fell in love. I enjoyed the class so much I found a free version I worked on at home.

9 months ago: I got fired for stealing even though I had not been the one who took it. After that I couldn't find a job no matter how hard I tried. After some time I gave up and began to see if I could make money another way. I realized that I could make money with the 3D illustrations I was working on.

4 months ago: I started selling my stuff online and am completely off welfare. I work from home so I can tend to DS and don't have to miss out on his childhood.

3 days ago: My friends boss found out I have been going to school for landscape design and looked at some of the drawings I have done. He hired me to design his landscape of a beautiful multi million Italian/Spanish house. He is also friends with a lot of people who could really help to advance my career in landscaping.

Life is good :) The best part is I get to take all the credit for what I have done. I am so proud of myself. As hard as I worked I really deserve this.

Okay, done gloating now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nobrien82709
by History lover on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Good for you! What a great example for your child! Keep up the great work, you are very inspirational! 

firespurity
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
good job
dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

you rock

smurfielette13
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Congrats hun ^_^
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly what the system is there for, a hand UP! Pat yourself on the back and reward yourself mama! YOU DID IT!
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thats great

momof3_2011
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Awesome Job~ 

susan115
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM

YEAH!  I am so happy for you.  And, I wish I was that talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, I made sure to keep going after my degree even though it is an extremely expensive and time consuming one to get because I wanted to teach him to follow his dreams no matter how hard it get's. I also like that I am teaching him to get creative when the typical way of doing things isn't working.

Quoting nobrien82709:

Good for you! What a great example for your child! Keep up the great work, you are very inspirational! 

1plustwinsmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Way to go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)