Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible neighbors vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

We live in a town home. The community has about equal amounts of renters and owners, we happen to own. The people who moved in right next door are renters (we know the owner, she used to live there) and have at least 3 families living in that 3 bedroom place, they moved in 3 months ago. They are so loud, with so many people, they are outside a lot, I mean at all hours of the night there are people out yelling (mostly in Spanish so at least my kids don't understand the profanity) and playing loud music. We have call the police at midnight or later over it at least once if not twice a week. They also hang up blankets and laundry on the shared fence (the fence we paid for) between our properties. I have asked them not to do it several times, now when I see it I just push whatever it is off the fence on onto the ground. I do this because 1. it looks tacky, you can see it from my windows and 2. that kind of stuff weakens the fence and I am sure if the fence falls down, we will be the ones to pay to replace or fix it.

On top of that, because there are so many of them, the driveway that is meant to only fit about 2 cars plus the garage that fits one, isn't enough parking space. Instead of parking in the extra parking lot down the street (which is for people with too many cars or people guests) they park in the street, making it hard for people to drive down the street and making it hard for those who live close to them to pull out of our driveways. I personally have asked them to stop doing that but again, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them (there is a specific rule in the association that says no parking in the street).

I wish I knew how to contact the owner but I don't know where she is living. The neighborhood association has issued so many fines, eventually, I am sure the owner will find out about everything but until then, it is miserable dealing with them.

I mean, I am not trying to be the bitchy neighbor but I don't think anything I am asking of them is unreasonable, keep your crap off my fence, after 11 pm, keep it quite (the neighborhood association says 10 pm) and keep your cars out of the street. I can't wait to the owner finds out and evicts them (she likely will, I can't imagine she will be happy with all the fines that SHE has to  pay).

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Aside from contacting the owner, I don't know what else you can do. If you know her first and last name you may be able to look her up online. 

SJG1013
by SJG on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Have the cars towed.
SaratheV
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried looking her up on Facebook?
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I'd be calling the tow company that cares for your neighborhood.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I didn't think about doing that, would I have to pay for it?

Quoting SJG1013:

Have the cars towed.

Sassy762
by 200 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I own also and I have the same problem with the same type of people living next door, lol

BUT what they don't know is that the Owner is NOT going to renew their lease in February because of their rude, obnoxious, loud & inconsoderate behavoir and Sooner if they stop paying rent ..which will probably happen, lol

I have had their car towed several times for blocking my driveway (after repeated requests that they stop), they have had several visits from the Police for Noise Complaints (3:30 this morning was the latest), sanitation has issued several tickets because they don't recycle properly ( owner received ticket but tenants had to pay in the next months rent) , they also have more people living in the apartment than was listed on the lease (4 supposed to be living there only but 9 live in the apartment) AND the list goes on and on

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in a town home. The community has about equal amounts of renters and owners, we happen to own. The people who moved in right next door are renters (we know the owner, she used to live there) and have at least 3 families living in that 3 bedroom place, they moved in 3 months ago. They are so loud, with so many people, they are outside a lot, I mean at all hours of the night there are people out yelling (mostly in Spanish so at least my kids don't understand the profanity) and playing loud music. We have call the police at midnight or later over it at least once if not twice a week. They also hang up blankets and laundry on the shared fence (the fence we paid for) between our properties. I have asked them not to do it several times, now when I see it I just push whatever it is off the fence on onto the ground. I do this because 1. it looks tacky, you can see it from my windows and 2. that kind of stuff weakens the fence and I am sure if the fence falls down, we will be the ones to pay to replace or fix it.

On top of that, because there are so many of them, the driveway that is meant to only fit about 2 cars plus the garage that fits one, isn't enough parking space. Instead of parking in the extra parking lot down the street (which is for people with too many cars or people guests) they park in the street, making it hard for people to drive down the street and making it hard for those who live close to them to pull out of our driveways. I personally have asked them to stop doing that but again, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them (there is a specific rule in the association that says no parking in the street).

I wish I knew how to contact the owner but I don't know where she is living. The neighborhood association has issued so many fines, eventually, I am sure the owner will find out about everything but until then, it is miserable dealing with them.

I mean, I am not trying to be the bitchy neighbor but I don't think anything I am asking of them is unreasonable, keep your crap off my fence, after 11 pm, keep it quite (the neighborhood association says 10 pm) and keep your cars out of the street. I can't wait to the owner finds out and evicts them (she likely will, I can't imagine she will be happy with all the fines that SHE has to  pay).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I can't find her, I bet she has her privacy set to where she can't be looked up

Quoting SaratheV:

Have you tried looking her up on Facebook?

Sassy762
by 200 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Nope...call the cops. Once they ticket the car, then call a tow company. The owners have to pay to get the car out, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't think about doing that, would I have to pay for it?

Quoting SJG1013:

Have the cars towed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)