Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who has saved a person?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

My hubby did when he was 10; exactly 10 days before his 11th birthday. His neighbor was dared $1 to climb to the top of a tree. She did and when she got to the top she hit some power lines and was shocked. She had severe burns and was dangling upside down in the tree. My hubby heard her screamin and took off runnin and climbed right up the tree and got her down. :) Funny thing is, he NEVER mentioned this when we started datin. The only way I found out is I called to talk to him and his mama told me he had went to a meetin about the girl he saved. It took them 4 years to cut the tree down. My hubby feels it's nothin special he was just doin what was right. I think it's awesome though; to be 10 and to be so brave like that!! Below is a pic from a local newspaper article and a pic from People magazine. He was in ALOT of newspapers/magazines and it would take me forever to post all of them. He was also all over tv and got numerous letters from different people. So do you ladies know anyone who saved someone or know someone who has been saved? I'm tired of the negative in the news, let's here some good stories! :)

And here he is all grown up today! :)

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my dh is a paramedic so he does a lot. That is really cool your husband did that! He was a brave little boy.
lovinthislife08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I'm goin to school for! :) I rode along with paramedics in hs and LOVED it! There's nothin like helpin somebody in need! 

Quoting Sunshine257:

Well my dh is a paramedic so he does a lot. That is really cool your husband did that! He was a brave little boy.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

BF once saved a girl who had been stabbed multiple times and left for dead. He called 911, and used his shirt to stem the bleeding. 

This was years before I met him, and they're still friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. My sister gave CPR to a man who had a heart attack at the gym. A coworker gave CPR to her husband and saved him, and was recognized with a certificate by some organization (Red Cross?).

Katieatie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

One day my husband received a phone call from one of his soldiers that said he did something dumb and start mumbling about his car and pills. My husband found him passed out in his car  and took him to the hospital.  

My husbands commander gave him an award, it pissed my husband off. He said he shouldnt get a medel for being a human being. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)