Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with hair color and makeup.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I was hoping to get some help or a second opinion on this. I am half German and half Native American. I have tan Native american skin not really dark just tan. And Blond hair. I realized that my skin color and blond hair made me look washed up and did not look good on me with my tan skin so I dyed my hair black thinking since I had native american skin it would go well and it did but I was wondering if any other hair color would look better?

Also I am having the hardest time with makeup. With my skin color being tan anything I but on makes me look like a clown. So all I can wear is black eye liner black eyeshadow. Does anyone know what would go good with tan skin.

Again I have TAN skin not black or dark copper colored skin just tan. It looks like I have a summer tan year round.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HaleyCovington
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM
First of all I hate you. Lol. I'm half Native American but just got the cole black hair and my moms pasty white skin.
I think you would get more help if you posted a picture.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I like auburn hair. As for the make up I would go to a professional try something's out and ask them.
momofne
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

What color are your eyes?

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

if you're not on pinterest, you should join. you get amazing hair and make up tips there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have blue eyes. Another thing I got from my german side.

Quoting momofne:

momofne
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I think I would go with auburn. Or keep it dark and add some auburn hightlights. It would make your eyes pop. (like Emily Blunt).As far as makeup I would stick with neutrals, bronzes, peachy tones.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have blue eyes. Another thing I got from my german side.

Quoting momofne:

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Could you post a pic?  That would help a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Your going to have to wait it out. If its truly back that you dyed it, you can't color over it and get a true result. It would have to be bleached and that will look horrible if it even works.
( hairdresser of 21 years here)

I would use a mixture of 50% apple cider vinegar 50% water after shampoo 3-4 times a week, it will strip out some of the color and balance te ph of your hair to get it ready for a recolor. Try to do it for about 3 weeks then see a professional.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)