Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home care or day care?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
Which is better? Day care or having someone watch your kids at their house. I like the security and reliability of day care but i like the comfort of talking kids to a persons house.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I have always taken my kids to someone's house for child care and it has always been a friend of mine who watches the kids.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Home care, hands down. More one on one care, and usually healthier snacks. A friend of mine used to work at a state run facility. Last straw for her was when they made the food staff serve moldy cantaloupe to the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We have been fortunate to find a inhome sitter that is like a second mother to our children.  They get more one on one time, instruction and love.  We have very little illness, she works with our schedules and our kids love her and her family.  The cost is considerably less and I know who is around my kids. 

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Home care. I have had great experience with it.
LCCTracie
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Host an au pair for your child care.  You get affordable, flexible care and the kids get to stay in the comfort of their own home. 

I bring the world to your door as a Local Childcare Coordinator for Cultural Care Au Pair.  If you are looking for childcare for your children, hosting an Au pair is an affordable option, and a great cultural experience for your family!  Contact me for more information at tracie.kapaun@lcc.culturalcare.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)