Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epic Fail----recipe added

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 60 Replies
Since we live in the South, pretty much all we drink is sweet tea. By the gallon. This morning we ran out before I had more brewed and ready to make, so to save time I decided to use the coffee maker instead of boiling water and letting the bags steep for a while. We have a Bunn coffee maker so it's always ready to go. I added the water and put the tea bags in the carafe and viola! Tea in two minutes. I made the tea like always, added the brewed tea and a cup of sugar and finished filling the pitcher with water. Well, my son comes to me a little while ago and asked if I wouldn't use the coffee pot again because the tea tasted like black coffee. I checked and I had forgotten to empty the filter basket after making coffee this morning. So there went a whole gallon of tea down the drain. I am now boiling the water to make a fresh gallon. So, have you ever done anything like that?

The way I normally make tea is to fill a 2qt pot with water and add 10 tea bags. Put it on to boil and set my timer for 15 min( I forget I'm making it a lot).lol I turn it off when the timer goes goes off and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I then add a cup of sugar to a gallon pitcher, pour in the brewed tea(minus the bags,of course) and then fill the pitcher with water. Store in the fridge and serve over ice.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Today actually! I always put coffee grounds and water in the coffee pot at night so it's ready to go when we wake up, but last night I forgot to put in the grounds +_+ so we ended up with a nice pot of hot water this morning!
mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
That's funny. :)
momof3_2011
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM

LOL, I have made the coffee without putting in any coffee ~

highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

What in the world is sweet tea?

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Lol. I do things like that constantly. It's frustrating.

youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I made tea once and forgot the dang bags. yep, fail on me.

mybabiesmama916
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

lmao, I have started the pot without putting the pot back in,  water all over the counter, I now have fancy one that wont brew without the pot. Is there a trick to making really good sweet tea? My daughter loves it but I can't get it right.

mybabiesmama916
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Really?? Where are you from?

Quoting highlandmum:

blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Omg,the best thing since sliced bread! It's a definitely a southern thing. It's tea with at least a cup or more of sugar

Quoting highlandmum:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

No.....just NOOOOOOOO

That is sacrilegious....a waste of good TEA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)