Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surprise ruined

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Today is our 8 year anniversary. My husband hardly ever does anything for our anniversary besides saying "happy anniversary I love you" type stuff. Lets just say I never get surprises.

Anyways..... I get a call from a flower lady and she says your husband ordered you flowers but put your name on them. I need your name. I told her. She says "sorry to ruin your surprise."

I am so bummed it go ruined!! I didn't tell my husband that she called an ruined it. I just told him how lovely they were and thanked him alot for thinking of me today!

I wish it would have been a surprise!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
She should of improvised instead of ruining the surprise
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
9 moms liked this

honestly i would call the owner & complain.  that was completely shitty of her.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. Why couldn't she have out mrs. _____. She had my husbands last name.

I'm still super bummed! He never does surprises (or he ruins them by telling months in advance lol).. He tried hard this time and it got ruined!

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

She should of improvised instead of ruining the surprise

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe I should. She kind of giggled and said "sorry to ruin your surprise."

Quoting Cheribomb:

TCup18
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. That's really crappy of her. Obviously she knew it was a surprise. Why didn't she call your husband back?

Quoting Cheribomb:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I would complain. (Not to him. I wouldn't let him know).

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM

aww that stinks. I   recently had  something similar happen. My husbands in Afghanistan right now and sent  me flowers for our anniversary. the company messed up and sent them 2 days later. My husband called on our anniversary hinting about did i like my surprise.. finally he gave up and told me.. i could tlel he was very unhappy when they arrived 2 days late WITHOUT A CARD to boot. He snot a flowers type of guy so it was a huge deal. I was still thrilled he took the time to stop and think of me in  his busy day  though . Ill probably not get flowers anymore hehe. In any event happy anniversairy ihope they are beautiful.

kagegirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I agree with PP, I would call her manager and complain. Seriously, that was really fucked up.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Seriously! Why didn't she call HIM?

Quoting Cheribomb:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I think he ordered them online and put our house number (thinking they would not have a reason to call). She also call my cell today when dropping them off saying I wasn't home but it states to leave them at the door so that's what she was doing.... Ugh okay wtf did you call me to tell me that. Gahhhhhhh!

Quoting TCup18:

I agree. That's really crappy of her. Obviously she knew it was a surprise. Why didn't she call your husband back?

Quoting Cheribomb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)