Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons trying to threaten me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Lol this is spoken how my son sees it

Stephen,16, wants his child support. He says he will give me some as he sees necessary (lmao). He doesn't believe I need it if I have a job. If I don't, he will be getting emancipated and I wont have any money. He hooked up with a social worker willing to help him out and he will take the money in his college fund to get a place to live.

Its my fault, I know this. I saved up for him when he wanted his play station 3 and Xbox. He does household chores but never held a job. The worst part of his life was when I got him a computer that was not Mac.

I do not believe I have anything to worry about. His views about the world are too unrealistic.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to get a job, a car, car insurance and then you'll talk. Kid needs to finish school and get a degree if he wants to have a fighting chance out in the real world. A little college savings won't last more than a year if he has that attitude. Time for tough love.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out, hmmm?
MuseCBS
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

you could always show him a budget that shows how much food, cable, internet, power, water etc costs then see if he is singing the same tune.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

CONTROL YOUR CHILD!

.stella.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, then he can split the rent/bills/food/gas with you and see how much he has left over ;)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Let him try, lol

That may be just the wake up call he needs , lol

I would now start charging him Rent for everything, lol

He needs to learn how to budget since he wants to live on his own now, lol

lulalacroix
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Take him to view an apartment.  Get the apartment price and ask about utility prices.  Factor in cost of food and travel costs to wherever he goes (work, school, etc.).  Let him get an accurate cost of living per month.  See what he thinks then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM
he thinks he could do it better. I remember a post last year the woman had her daughter do her own shopping. We will see

Quoting MuseCBS:

you could always show him a budget that shows how much food, cable, internet, power, water etc costs then see if he is singing the same tune.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Let him do it and see how far he gets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chane_L
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

it's not that easy to be emancipated, and that social workers boss would be getting a call from me.

He would have to prove to the court that he could support himself responsibly (FYI if he were to be emancipated the child support stops as he is a legal adult not a child)

at 17, I was but only because I was joining the military at that age and had viable way to support myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)