Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's rude!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

There's nothing more frustrating than having a play date and when the kids leave the parents don't make them help clean up. Yes,  my house is clean so it's obvious the mess is from the kids. It's so rude to me. I would never leave someones house after a play date and not make my kids pick up after themselves. I don't like having playdates at my home for this reason. Do other moms have this problem?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM

If my son goes over for a play date he is expected to help clean up.  I will give him the five minute notice and that is the signal to start cleaning up.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

No Ma'am.......I have the play dates outside or at the beach. I don't like a messy house, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I dont expect them to clean up at my house, i just do it..

JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

AGREED! I get so fed up with that too. Thankfully the kids in my circle are growing up and don't trash my house as bad as they used to. *sigh*

Jac817
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I always, always, always have my kiddo clean up after a play date.  Even if the Mom insists that we do not, I do anyways.  It is rude to leave a mess, no matter what.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

My nieces make a mess every time they're over, but I don't make them clean it up before they leave because at that point I just want them out of my house!

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Eh, I am a little OCD so I prefer to clean up myself.

Kids aren't that messy - said this mom who just had a play date with two toddlers and fed them brownies and ice cream AND played in the pool! :)
LilRed2130
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Yes! And it IS rude! I never leave someones house before having my son help clean up!

mylovey
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I don't expect other children to pick up before they leave. 

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

i don't do playdates lol just for this reason!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)