Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY MIL IS CANCER FREE!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

First things first, I absolutely love my MIL. My own mom is very self-centered, bordering on narcisitic. So when I married DH, I got to see what having a mom who genuinely cared about you was unusual. This woman welcomed my oldest DD and I into her family with open arms and I couldn't be more grateful. 

On Sunday she told me that her mammogram had some issues and that she had to get another one followed by a sonogram. She has already had breast cancer once and lukemia and beat them both before I met her. She is also in her late 70's. You could tell that she was worried....until today.

She had her recheck and it came back clean. I want to cry, I'm that happy. After talking to her on Sunday I cried like a baby. I can't wait to talk to DH and tell him the good news!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
delilahsmom1177
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Awesome momma. I understand on the whole mom front. While I love my mom I miss my step mom because SH was a mom not my friend.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Awe that's sweet :) Congrats to her!
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I had DD2, she came down to Texas (where we lived at the time) and stayed with DD1 for a week while I was in the hospital.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM
That's amazing!! I'm so glad she's okay. It must be a huge relief to your entire family.

Cancer sucks. My grandma is battling rectal cancer right now, and even though the treatment is working, she's 92 years old and physically weak, so I'm sure the cancer and radiation have even further weakened her body. Had the cancer not happened, I'm confident she would have lived to see at least 100 years. Now I don't see her having much longer. And back in January, we lost a very beloved member of DF's family to an aggressive form of bone cancer at only 52 years old. She left behind 2 son's in their 20s as well as an 8 month old granddaughter. It was heartbreaking.
Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I am SO thrilled for you and you MIL I can't even stand it!!  I lost my MIL several years ago, so I'm just so happy yours (who sounds like an awesome MIL like mine was) is clean and clear!!

twade26
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM

That is awesome.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Wonderful news!

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

that is great, congrats to her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)