Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression? Might be stupid question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Lately I've been having a hard time getting out of bed. I get up to make the kids breakfast then lie back down until almost lunch. I feel frustrated often and have no reason to. I'm a sahm and I typically am not like this. I enjoyed being a sahm. I still want to enjoy it but I'm currently not.

There have been no changes in my life I have no clue what's wrong. I told dh about it and he said maybe I'm depressed and asked if I needed him to do more around the house. An offer I declined.

Anyone have or has had depression? Is this it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM

how long have you felt this way for.. depression is usually more like a disease people often get into  ruts and feel depressed though. It could be anything from ppd to hormonal type of things to developing depression. Its something i would talk to a doctor about and get referred to see a doctor who specializes in mental health. depression is  not something id want to  have without help/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM
A couple of weeks. I've never felt this way before. It sucks!

Quoting krissy920:

how long have you felt this way for.. depression is usually more like a disease people often get into  ruts and feel depressed though. It could be anything from ppd to hormonal type of things to developing depression. Its something i would talk to a doctor about and get referred to see a doctor who specializes in mental health. depression is  not something id want to  have without help/

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
You could have chronic depression. It depends on how long this has been going on for. I was diagnosed in 2009 and I've been on medication. Doing a lot better. Therapy would be your first step. Many people who are on meds don't need them or aren't actually depressed. My advice would be to seek out support groups and therapy, then go from there. I wish you luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Could be. How is your diet and are you getting enough rest? Go buy some vitamin supplements, a multi along with fish oil, a B-complex, and D3. If they don't pep you up that first week I would definitely see your doctor.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I see that it's only been a couple of weeks, many many things can affect your mood so you never know what factor is coming into play right now. Give it a month more and then see how you feel :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I've been tired but I think from oversleeping.
I will try some vitamins maybe.

My diet, I've been eating a lot less. Like one meal a day. I've had to force myself to eat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Could be. How is your diet and are you getting enough rest? Go buy some vitamin supplements, a multi along with fish oil, a B-complex, and D3. If they don't pep you up that first week I would definitely see your doctor.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

only a doctor/psychiatrist can tell you for certain, but it sure sounds like it.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Could you be pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I suffered from debilitating depression, PMDD, and anxiety. It was so fucking bad, words just can't describe how scary it is to not be in control of your own brain. I tried numerous anti depressants but honestly speaking, NOTHING has helped more than the vitamins and supplements I now take. That's it, just a handful of vitamins each day and I feel like a new woman. I personally take a multi, fish oil, fiber, St. Johns Wort, evening primrose oil (helps with PMDD), D3, B-complex, Biotin (my hair was falling out from the stress), green tea, cranberry, and zinc. I get that it's a lot, I really do, but it's sooooo much cheaper than prescription meds and I've had no negative side effects. I actually needed most of these, my blood work showed that my vitamin D levels were almost non-existent. I would definitely recommend vitamins to everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been tired but I think from oversleeping.
I will try some vitamins maybe.

My diet, I've been eating a lot less. Like one meal a day. I've had to force myself to eat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apgsteenmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I've had depression. For many years, excersize DEFINITLY helps. Getting out of the house also helps. Seriously try doing this.... You will notice a change
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)