Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Medicaid Pay For...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Wart removal?

My brother tried to chastise me today because I get Medicaid and I have a planter's wart on the bottom of my foot I am getting removed. It's going to require a series of treatments and I can't afford to buy the do-it-yourself stuff.

Mine hurts and since it's on the bottom of my foot it kinda needs to be gone so I can walk normal. I am on my feet at my job and it was making it hard to walk. My derm said he will treat it with liquid nitrogen every 6 weeks till it's gone, he said he doesn't cut them out at his office.

He tried to tell me I should pay for it myself...Uh if I can't even afford the over the counter stuff how am I going to pay for doctor visits to get it removed? Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Yes they should pay for it

I had one of those suckers, luckily I have Kaiser, but it's so painful if it gets infected.  OMG The PUSS the HORROR
I don't want to think about it 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I don't see why not. It's a wart and it's causing issues, it's not like you want new boobs paid for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I think it should. Now if it was solely cosmetic I would say no but based on location and the fact that it's painful I think they should cover it.
Angela_Barlow
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Yes.
Sassy762
by 200 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

View Larger

Dr. Scholl's Clear Away Plantar Wart Remover for Feet

Overview:

Size/Count  24.0 ea

• Clinically proven removal
  • Helps prevent the spread of wart virus
  • Relieves pain with cushioning padmore
  • Dr. Scholl'sClear Away Plantar Wart Remover for Feet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Must be nice to get Medicaid here an adult can't get it if they have an income over $250.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Yes. My son had one and his pedi actually pulled strings at the derm office to get him in sooner because he couldn't walk without limping. We have insurance but I don't think anyone should have to limp about like that.
momof3_2011
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I think it should !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

From what my derm said he said they usually do start hurting at some point even if they never hurt before.

I had mine for 2 years and never knew what it was, because I never had insurance. Now that I have it I am getting it taken care of.

Quoting angelachristine:

I think it should. Now if it was solely cosmetic I would say no but based on location and the fact that it's painful I think they should cover it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It seems she can't afford the OTC stuff. So instead of spending $10 for treatment its easier to go to the doctor who will charge at least four times that per visit.

Quoting Sassy762:

View Larger

Dr. Scholl's Clear Away Plantar Wart Remover for Feet

Overview:

Size/Count  24.0 ea

• Clinically proven removal
  • Helps prevent the spread of wart virus
  • Relieves pain with cushioning padmore
  • Dr. Scholl'sClear Away Plantar Wart Remover for Feet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)