Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

But its an important message for us all...  :(

Bumping after reading 4 posts about babies locked in cars...:(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
MuseCBS
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

It seems like the rate for these accidents is going up, is it? Do you have any opinions/ideas as to why?

Quoting Byrd15:

Thank YOU for sharing as well! <3

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I got to the point where he's crying and I'm literally sobbing myself, I can't watch the rest. I'm sorry. I'll pass it on to my Facebook friends. Thank you for sharing.

why because I think more people are glued to their cells and forget they have children in the cars.  They are wrapped up in who they are talking to they forget their kids are with them until it's too late.  Too bad it gets to that point.

“God grant me the courage to date the men who aren't idiots, the serenity to accept the fact that many men are idiots, and the wisdom to know the difference” --Kristan Higgins

Byrd15
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

So glad she is ok! D:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I went back to work when she was 7 months old and was working all kinds of crazy hours. I'd close the store and then next morning be there opening it up again. So I wasn't getting much sleep and I still had to come home and take care of my family. One morning I got up and forgot to drop her off at her grandma's house and got all the way to work, sat there and waited for a manager, got out of the car and was about to walk away when I turned around to grab my wallet out of the passenger seat and seen her alseep in her car seat in the back still. Had I not decided I wanted to grab a bagel from work I wouldn't have turned around and seen her still in the car. 

Quoting Byrd15:

Ah, I'm so sorry! What happened?!

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I posted this the other day with my story about how my DD was almost a victim of vehicular heat stroke. :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

mistressflora
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
why the hell did i watch that? i knew it was gonna make me cry. do people actually walk away from that? if i saw a kid in a car like that i would have got some help, the man, the man was the one that helped, and women walked away! how pathetic! i never go anywhere at least without my 1 year old so if shes not with me something wouldnt feel right
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I don't believe it's a decision in most cases. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

I know this video isn't real but it gave me goose bumps and I'm trying not to cry. I have tears in my eyes. I can't believe people would actually walk away!!!! So terrible :(
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd call 911 and break a window as I waited for them to come...

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

As an FYI, If you have a screwdriver in your car, you can press the head firmly, into the center of a window, and it will shatter. Easy peasy, rice and cheesy.

Quoting PEEK05:

It also makes me think about keeping something in my trunk that could break a window like that guy.

Quoting Byrd15:.

I agree! I have never witnessed this, but if I ever did I would call 911 immediately. 

Quoting PEEK05:

This makes me want to throw up and which is why I would call 911 and gone into the store asap if I noticed anything like that, especially the woman who walked away after trying to get in when the kid was crying.  Too many people trying to mind their own business.  I know this is just a video and not real but still.

golther
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was about 15 I walked past a car with 2 babies inside and no adults around. I told my dad and he went and notified some cops that just happened to be in the parking lot. One stayed by the car while the other went into the store to get the parent. I'm not sure what happened after that because we had to leave. My dad was happy that I pointed the babies out for just that reason.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

This made me cry. Im sure if it played different music I wouldnt have though. People can be so stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh... How can you NOT remember you have your kid with you? How can you be THAT distracted??? I always know my kids are with me. There's never been a moment in time when I forgot they were in their seats behind me. I can see them in my mirror, even if they're sleeping. It's surprising what humans are capable of, even if it's an accident.

I have yet to, but if I ever see a kid in a car without a parent, the cops would be the first to know. I wouldn't just walk away and forget I ever saw it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)