Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's worse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
An emotional or a physical affair? Why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I'd have to say emotional. Physical can just be about sex which would be really hard to deal with but knowing my man was emotional attached to another women would completely break me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I use to say emotional but honestly physical. I wouldn't be able to touch him again knowing he had been with someone else while we were together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

An emotional affair can't give you an STD.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
emotional.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Would you be able to forgive an emotional affair? Or is it a complete deal breaker?

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to say emotional but honestly physical. I wouldn't be able to touch him again knowing he had been with someone else while we were together.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yep, I agree..emotional..although any kind of affair is awful- emotional would be the worst!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd have to say emotional. Physical can just be about sex which would be really hard to deal with but knowing my man was emotional attached to another women would completely break me.

kitty8199
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think one is worse than the other, they are both equally bad, as they both involve alienation of affection from the current spouse. Physical or emotional, your partner is no longer just your partner, but is now shared with another person w/o your knowledge or consent. Either way, an important part of your relationship with your spouse is being replaced in some way. Both are a very bad path to go down & usually will not end well once the deception is found out.

Osstie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Emotional would be worse. That is the ultimate betrayal.
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Excellent response, and I agree

I couldn't forgive either

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think one is worse than the other, they are both equally bad, as they both involve alienation of affection from the current spouse. Physical or emotional, your partner is no longer just your partner, but is now shared with another person w/o your knowledge or consent. Either way, an important part of your relationship with your spouse is being replaced in some way. Both are a very bad path to go down & usually will not end well once the deception is found out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)