Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my SD to Move OUT

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM
  • 38 Replies

She is 28. She graduated from college in December. She has been working for the last month as a pre-school teacher. I finally brought it up and DH thinks a year from now is ok. She doesn't pay rent. I only work part-time so I don't feel as though I have that much say.

She's not a bad girl. One problem is our lack of space. Second, she thinks she's always right and never appreciates anything I do. That sounds so minor and it makes me feel petty to feel this way. 

Just now it was "is that the rule or did you make it up?" I said what I thought and she said, "so you made it up." I said "fine, you can read the directions." It's the attitude. I always try to respect her and give her credit and acknowledge her feelings. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I don't blame you. What an obnoxious twit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

holy shit she's older than i am! YOU are the woman of that house, not her. it doesn't matter if you sit on your ass day and night. YOUR house, YOUR husband and she is LONG past needing to move out. holy crap.

partygal19dani
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM
She is old enough and should be on her own!! How about a compromise and suggest a 6 month time frame for her to save and find a place?!!
firespurity
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM
28 is far too old to be home and not contributing. I admit I live with family, but I pay for half of everything. And said family member asked me to move in to help pay rent and assist them with daily activities. I have the means to move out, but she needs me here and she's about to need me more when she begins her second round of chemotherapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Maybe you should try to have a relationship w/her as it doesn't seem like you've tried or have one so you are going to get the attitude.

I see nothing wrong w/keeping a child stable until they have secured a job & saved up some money.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM
28?! Yeah, time to go.
paganmommy4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

24 is the age limit for my house..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
She's an almost 30 yo woman... If hat isn't enough time to move oh of daddy's house... Yeah, I'd go insane...
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

She's nearly 30!! She needs to GTFO and get her own life/place.

opal10161973
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Why did it take her 10 years to get a college degree?  Was she only going part time?  I mean, it is taking me forever, but I don't live with Daddy- so I feel like I have the right to decide that. 

I was living by myself from the time I was 20 and I was a single Mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)