Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Such a Horrible Mommy. :/

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

All last year I give my daughter PB&J sandwiches or lunch able ($1 ones) for lunch last year to school. I know that was pretty boring considering she doesn't buy lunch. It's just cheaper to send from home. This year I would like to send her different stuff (Meal wise) but need some ideas. I'm really not a morning person so probably be a good idea to fix or get ready at night before bed. She never ate what i sent either. I would have a half of sandwich still in container and her teachers told me she only eat the meat out of her lunch able and candy. I would send snacks to school as well and most of those she would bring back home. I always put three snacks. She would wait till on the way home to eat some. I'm one of those healthy moms so chips, tea, candy (unless comes in lunch able), debbie cakes, etc..... are not my idea of a good snack. But sometimes I'll let it fly on occasions.

So Need Some Ideas.....  :)

What I mean by healthy is not sending junk to school. I see a lot of kids bringing chips, Debbie cakes, brownies, candy, etc to school. I just don't do that. When my kids are home I make sure they eat healthy.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missymackie
by Hey Brother on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
One of those healthy moms, eh?
hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Pita and hummus with veggies, fresh fruit and veggies, dinner leftovers (our school has a microwave). Stirfry and rice, soups and bread. I pack my kids' lunches everyday. I wound never pack candy though. It's not allowed at our school and If it we're, that's the first thing they would eat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Why did you continue to send it with her if you knew she wasn' eating it? Why would you allow her to be hungry and school because you are too lazy to get up in the morning and make her something better? and you are NOT one of those healthy moms or this post wouldnt be happening.

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I continued only because that's what she said she wanted. I fixed a salad a time or two for her. Which she eats at home. Her teacher last year told me they talked and played at lunch ( her and her friends). She eats them two things listed above at home. If I brought left overs to school she wouldn't eat it either. It's not that I'm lazy in the morning because trust me we get up early enough to get to school before bell rings (first bell). My daughter is so cranky when you have to wake her and I have her go to bed at 8pm sometimes before. (That is a whole nother story) But I give us a full hour in the morning to get ready. I just want this year to be better so I'm trying to improve.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why did you continue to send it with her if you knew she wasn' eating it? Why would you allow her to be hungry and school because you are too lazy to get up in the morning and make her something better? and you are NOT one of those healthy moms or this post wouldnt be happening.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM

My dd doesn't like sandwiches or lunchables so this year she will be bringing a yogurt, graham crackers, apple slices, and a cookie each day. Along with a water or juice box.

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Our school has a microwave but the pass two years they told parents it was for teachers only. Not sure if that is just for k and 1st. But I send her a fruit bowel and veggies to school everyday. Those are her snacks. Left overs she will not eat. I've tried that a couple times. She looked at me crazy and asked for me to never do that again.

Quoting hgibsonorc:

Pita and hummus with veggies, fresh fruit and veggies, dinner leftovers (our school has a microwave). Stirfry and rice, soups and bread. I pack my kids' lunches everyday. I wound never pack candy though. It's not allowed at our school and If it we're, that's the first thing they would eat!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM

What, you don't think dollar store lunchables are healthy? Nothing makes a kid grow up big and strong like little protein circles that may or may not have come from some sort of farm animal. 

Quoting missymackie:

One of those healthy moms, eh?

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
What do you do for main course? My daughter would eat all that you listed. Our school is getting where they won't allow us to send jello, pudding, fruit snacks, or juice. Says they are trying to keep bugs away. Juice is the only thing Im really concerned about because my kids don't care for water much.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

My dd doesn't like sandwiches or lunchables so this year she will be bringing a yogurt, graham crackers, apple slices, and a cookie each day. Along with a water or juice box.

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
We get the $1 lunchables from food lion. Since I buy all the other stuff I don't see the point in spending the extra when we already have juice and snack at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)