Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My "I am Ok" Smile

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I really do adore my children and my husband. But I left my life, friends, and family behind to follow his career. No it was not a blind jump. I weighed the pro's and con's. He loves the military and I would never ask him to give that up. I have 2 little ones one of which with special needs. I ended up leaving my career to stay home and take care of them. Most days I am content. Still miss having some freedom of my own but happy.

Then there are days like today. Days where I realize I have not socialized with one other woman in a month. That the only conversations I have had in over a week is with a 2yr old. That I spent weeks planning for my family to finally visit to only have them call me the day before and cancel. Days like today I slap on the "Im Ok" smile and try to make it till tomorrow. All the while choking back tears. Days turn to weeks. Weeks to months. I somehow always end up on the back burner. I know that it goes Army, Kids, then me. But is it to much to ask that at least once in a while I come first? Sorry if that makes me a horrible wife and mother. But today its how I feel. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

:-(

It's okay to feel this way. Have you talked to your husband about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I have tried to today. He isnt really a talker. His response was "Well, what do you want me to do?" to which I replies listen

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I think every woman, no matter where they are or what the circumstance is, feels this way at some point.  It's normal, it's natural, and you need someone to talk to who will hear you.  You MUST do things for yourself, you deserve attention and time, exactly like you do for everyone else in your life.  It's so easy sometimes for women to forget that they deserve good things, too.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I am sorry momma. I have been a sahm and army wife since 2004. Its a tough life and I am sp glad we will be done with of in two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hugs mama. I'm not a military wife and I have felt as you do. Sometimes you Do just need to put you first. Have you tried making friends getting involved with groups on base ? Go out of your way to make friends. These women are all in the same position as you. Find a class that interests you and take. Find and hire a babysitter. Try to have a date night with DH once a month or more often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)