Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another story about an AA teenager...(small edit)

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

But this one is completely the opposite!!! Time for some positivity! What an amazing young man, a true hero!

Top Stories
  • Teen chases down man who kidnapped girl 
  • Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 11:58 AM EDT

LANCASTER, Penn. -- Temar Boggs, 15, is being praised as a hero after saving a 5-year-old girl from an attempted abduction. Pennsylvania police say the girl was kidnapped while playing in her front yard. Two hours later Temar and a friend spotted the girl in a car and began to pursue the vehicle on their bikes. After being pursued by the two boys for 15 minutes the suspect let the little girl out of the car and drove off. Authorities are still seeking the suspect.

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/top-story/stories/teen-chases-down-man-kidnapped-girl-5-9662.shtml?wap=0

EDIT: ONLY REASON RACE WAS MENTIONED WAS TO GET MORE PEOPLE IN AND SEE THIS AMAZING STORY...ESPECIALLY (HOPEFULLY) THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR NEGATIVE POSTS TO COMMENT ON! :)
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Wow

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM
That's awesome. It's great to hear stories like this, regardless of race.
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Im going to edit my OP but the only reason I put anything about race is to get people in here...especially the ones that are being ignorant and awful about race right now. Isn't this amazing? :)

Quoting graciesnycmama:

That's awesome. It's great to hear stories like this, regardless of race.

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Small edit added at bottom!
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I seas this yesterday somewhere and was glad that the boy/boys were around at just the right moment. It's very likely they saved that little girls life!

Edit to add; I was going to fix the "seas" but for some reason it made me laugh!
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

How lucky! And to think so selflessly and in the heat of the moment so well is amazing! I know plenty of people who wouldn't be able to think that quickly!

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I seas this yesterday somewhere and was glad that the boy/boys were around at just the right moment. It's very likely they saved that little girls life!

missmamaof4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

i saw this!!! Incredible young man

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Isn't it awesome? I'm a sucker for these feel good stories! :)

Quoting Jessy613:

Wow

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My thoughts exactly! So many people say that youth these days do nothing worthwhile...proven completely wrong! :)

Quoting missmamaof4:

i saw this!!! Incredible young man

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)