Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 3 year old is yelling at the rumbles to stop...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well, that's comforting...

I went out onto my deck to smoke and saw 3 flashes of lightning not too far from my house...

It flashed and then the thunder followed as soon as the flash was gone.

My poor 3 year old is gonna get a blanket to hide under soon, poor kid! :( He is now telling the scary rumbles (aka thunder) to stop or he is gonna spank its butt...
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
And we have a flood advisory in effect until 7pm its 5:19 right now...
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
At least I washed my car...ugh!
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I'm about sick of rain. It rained here every day for 2 weeks. :-/
VannaMae307
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM

we are having some storms in Texas too! the kid doesn't care, but the damn dog gets all picky about doing her business outside. 

blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Lol, my dog just hides in her bed, and when she has to go hurries and does her business and runs back...but she is also an outside dog...

Quoting VannaMae307:

we are having some storms in Texas too! the kid doesn't care, but the damn dog gets all picky about doing her business outside. 

FoxFire363
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM
My dog is terrified right now. I may have to get him a thunder shirt for future storms. He did fine before, even in the storms that produced tornadoes. Not sure what his deal is today.
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
What is a thunder shirt?

Quoting FoxFire363:

My dog is terrified right now. I may have to get him a thunder shirt for future storms. He did fine before, even in the storms that produced tornadoes. Not sure what his deal is today.
FoxFire363
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM
It's a compression shirt for dogs that makes then feel kind of like they are being constantly hugged/held. It comforts nervous dogs during storms and other conditions that freak them out.

Quoting blue_elephant:

What is a thunder shirt?

Quoting FoxFire363:

blue_elephant
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM
So a weighted vest for dogs...

Quoting FoxFire363:

It's a compression shirt for dogs that makes then feel kind of like they are being constantly hugged/held. It comforts nervous dogs during storms and other conditions that freak them out.

Quoting blue_elephant:

What is a thunder shirt?

Quoting FoxFire363:

FoxFire363
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Pretty much.

Quoting blue_elephant:

So a weighted vest for dogs...

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting blue_elephant:

What is a thunder shirt?

Quoting FoxFire363:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)