Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe we should just turn around.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

Mobile Photo

We were packed and ready to go. The car needed an inspection before we left. We found out the parking brake wasn't working. When dh tore it apart he found several other issues with the rear brakes and rotors etc. (he wasn't the one to replace them last). So two days of replacing everything and we were in ally ready and a day late.
So we left earlier (much later than planned) and things were good for 1/2 an hour when we realized the stuff on top needed to be tied down better, we needed Dramamine (packed it away oops), and I also packed the phone charger on top. So we stop at the only Walmart around. It's a Walmart market. Didn't have most if what we needed. While tying the luggage back down it started pouring rain.....on us. So much for my shower.
Then we hit rush hour traffic in a big city. The kids were getting hungry right about the time I planned. I was going plan a stop at a rest area and let them eat and run. Yeah it's still raining.

This is going to be a long trip. 50 out of 500mi complete. Here's some pics along the way just for fun.

Not my best angle but oh well. I finally got so stressed I started laughing hysterically.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Started happy. She's a little fussy now. I'll have to nurse her soon.
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Lol, mama said there'd be days like this!

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Oh my gosh!  I hate road trips and you just illustrated why!  :)  They never take as little time as our GPS says, do they?

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Mobile Photo

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Your daughter is so precious!  My family is infamous for our bad luck with vacations--sickness, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.  People always ask me when we're taking vacation so that they know NOT to take theirs!  Good luck!

Nicolekathryn12
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Have fun.  We take off on ours Friday morning.  Oh boy.  Lol

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe, you are making memories just look at it that way! :) where are you going? Safe Travels!

bfountain
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Looks like you guys are still having fun though....have a great trip

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Hey, the kids arent having a complete meltdown....... yet....thats a plus! :) Hang in there hun. Have a safe, fun trip! <3

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Mobile Photo

Finally able to stop. We do what we can. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)