Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pregnant. I'm old. I'm tired. I don't want to be. Help.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

UPDATE!!!! Aunt Flo showed up!! I would have put money on being pregs. All I can say is THANK GOD!! Now it's time for permanent bcp!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Like walking around inside a giant condom?

Quoting Anonymous:

there are other forms honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used bc. Learn how to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

how about birth control. seriously, you are a 37 yr old basket case acting 17.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel for you, I do.

I am 37 and have had my tubes tied for 6 years. If I don't start tomorrow, I will be testing Thursday. This is ridiculous. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Yes, lupies do miscarry frequently, making children, especially 5 such a blessing. I'm sure your cousin (who sounds amazingly brave to handle 5 :) can attest to how hard it is to live with lupus. I also have ra and man, together they kick my ass. Add cancer to it and wow, what a party! (Not) the meds I take make me so sick and my hair fall out, but they are making it so I can live to see my kids grow up. If I were pregnant, I couldn't take them. I really should have been sterilized, but it was a money issue. But I will not wait, I'm going to get fixed ASAP. Good luck to your cousin!

Quoting codfish:

I have a cousin with lupus. She found out at 39 they were expecting #5. They were a bit shocked and scared. She miscarried before the second trimester. It made them realize their family wasn't done and she had baby 5 (pregnancy #6) at 41.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Seriously! You would think no eggs want to hang out in my miserable body. Wasn't fertility supposed to decline? I've never been so fertile!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel for you, I do.

I am 37 and have had my tubes tied for 6 years. If I don't start tomorrow, I will be testing Thursday. This is ridiculous. Lol

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM
She is one of those amazing women with an incredible amount of love and patience. I know it is hard, but look at the blessing of a new life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, lupies do miscarry frequently, making children, especially 5 such a blessing. I'm sure your cousin (who sounds amazingly brave to handle 5 :) can attest to how hard it is to live with lupus. I also have ra and man, together they kick my ass. Add cancer to it and wow, what a party! (Not) the meds I take make me so sick and my hair fall out, but they are making it so I can live to see my kids grow up. If I were pregnant, I couldn't take them. I really should have been sterilized, but it was a money issue. But I will not wait, I'm going to get fixed ASAP. Good luck to your cousin!

Quoting codfish:

I have a cousin with lupus. She found out at 39 they were expecting #5. They were a bit shocked and scared. She miscarried before the second trimester. It made them realize their family wasn't done and she had baby 5 (pregnancy #6) at 41.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Thanks...this made me laugh!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Like walking around inside a giant condom?

Quoting Anonymous:

there are other forms honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used bc. Learn how to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

how about birth control. seriously, you are a 37 yr old basket case acting 17.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
You would think.

I gave the world five more people. No more for me.

I had my tubes tied in 2007 and had a miscarriage in 2010. I begged for a hysterectomy after that and nope.

I will be praying for both of us. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously! You would think no eggs want to hang out in my miserable body. Wasn't fertility supposed to decline? I've never been so fertile!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel for you, I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
For the record I keep staring at my BFN think a scary line will pop up any second, lol. Will test again in the AM praying it is still bfn....
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If you lived close by I could be gma to all of the babys.

Perhaps you are jumping the gun and aren't pregnant. If you are not, please consider your birth control.

I hope you can find a way to feel better through all this.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

See a shrink for what appears to be depression.

I had DD1 at 35 and I felt great.  I had DD2, almost 9 months ago, at 47.  I have to tell you, I had more energy with this pregnancy than even the first and I feel great.  Yeah, I need reading glasses to to make out what it says on the baby's iron supplements, but I'm more energetic than ever.  

I think the real issue may be (aside from your condition) that you have such young kids, so close together.  I'd probably feel crap and overwhelmed too if I had two so small and one on the way.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN