Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pregnant. I'm old. I'm tired. I don't want to be. Help.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

UPDATE!!!! Aunt Flo showed up!! I would have put money on being pregs. All I can say is THANK GOD!! Now it's time for permanent bcp!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
And congrats on your new addition! Hope you have a safe delivery!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for telling me your story and for your encouraging words... Keep your fingers crossed for me, big hugs.

Quoting jak3739:

I am 37 and days away from having another baby.  I struggled with infertility, too, and had thought my baby days were over and then along came this littlle one.  It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning.  We homeschool our two other kids, or I should say I do, I work part-time, help take care of my disabled mother and stuggle with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  But, this baby is a special miracle and even though it doesn't fit into "my plan" I am so much happier knowing that i got a special surprise.  I can totally relate and there are many times that I wonder how in the world can I even begin to do all this.  But, we get the strength to go on, and having another little love will feel differently when it is a baby in your arms as opposed to terrible early pregnancy symptoms.  Just don't make any rash decisions, regret is worse than exhaustion.  Hang in there.  I will be praying for you, too.  Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Sounds like we were of the same opinion. It's just once you have children, when you get pregnant you immediately imagine them as a person, a baby. It's so hard! I am definitely still suffering from pp depression. I'm taking a med for that. Seems to be helping. First thing in the am I'm calling my OB to get fixed. I just cannot imagine terminating :( what an awful word. To each his own I believe. It's whatever the woman can live with. I personally could not live with it, no matter how rough :(

Quoting momwriter:

I'm 46 and have a five year old. He was an "oops". But the difference with me is my older two were 8 & 11 when the baby was born (13 & 16 now). I was past the baby stage and am 100% pro-choice. However, for me personally, abortion wasn't an option. I am not against it but for some reason I just couldn't do it myself, so I understand how you feel. The kicker for me was I had 2 boys and assumed our "surprise" would be our girl...I was wrong; we now have 3 boys! But I can't imagine life without our little guy now. I'm more tired, being in my 40's and it's tough dealing with busy older kids' soccer schedules and social schedules while having a 5 year old. 

The other thing is, I had post-partum depression that lasted for 2 years. I was a mess...I don't wish that on anyone. If there's a chance you may have it now from your baby, I guess I would terminate the pregnancy. You need to get healthier for your 2 little ones. I'm not saying you have PPD; just thought I'd throw it out there that I had it badly and take meds now.

I'm rambling. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine having three so young and having health problems...Talk to family if you can. Talk to a counselor. Hell, even get hyponitized to find out if you want to have this baby! (I've been hypnotized before).

Whatever you decide will be right. Don't look back. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Um, yeah actually. It's my body. Carrying a child could actually kill me. My kids need me. Hence the dilemma. I wouldn't want to end my pregnancy but physically and mentally it would be devastating and possibly cost me my life. It isn't a one size fits all.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, adoption is out but killing it is ok? Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Keep the baby. And get a hysterectomy after the child is born. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Exactly.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

So, adoption is out but killing it is ok? Wow.

She doesn't want to be pregnant. Adoption requires her to be pregnant for 9 months so...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM
You told someone they could get a pregnancy (not test) at the dollar store .....hijole..

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Are you telling me that Im stupid for suggesting it? I got a positive at 3 weeks pregnant with a dollar store test. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Eejit.

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

...Im not sure if this was suppose to be a smart ass comment or not. But I dont know, I know you can buy OPK tests there too. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Wow, why do women pay tens of thousands of dollars on fertility treatments then?

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Yes. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You can buy pregnancies from the dollar store?

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Go to the dollar store and get one. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish i could take this pregnacy n have it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Amen to that ;) I have always wanted a big family, if my darn body wasn't so unfriendly to me and was younger, I would.

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

Remember they aren't babies forever. When you are old, how many people do you want at your Thanksgiving table? The more the merrier! Get help with them while they're little. They grow up fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Aww... Very sweet. Thank you.

Quoting codfish:

When I was 36 we had 3 kids. Our youngest at the time wasn't even 1 and had major health issues. We were struggling financially and I just felt mentally done and overwhelmed. I found out I was pregnant and cried for 2 days before telling my dh. He smiled, put his hand on my tummy, and hugged me. It was rough, but I honestly feel like #4 made our family complete. I know right now you are probably on shock and not happy. Every child is a blessing. (((HUGS))

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I have a cousin with lupus. She found out at 39 they were expecting #5. They were a bit shocked and scared. She miscarried before the second trimester. It made them realize their family wasn't done and she had baby 5 (pregnancy #6) at 41.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)