Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pregnant. I'm old. I'm tired. I don't want to be. Help.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

UPDATE!!!! Aunt Flo showed up!! I would have put money on being pregs. All I can say is THANK GOD!! Now it's time for permanent bcp!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (91-100):
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Remember they aren't babies forever. When you are old, how many people do you want at your Thanksgiving table? The more the merrier! Get help with them while they're little. They grow up fast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were in your situation, I think I would seriously consider an abortion.

I dont know if I could really do it...I suspect I would end up having the child and just muddling through the very best I could...but I would definitely give serious thought to abortion.  Especially if I was very early in the pregnancy.

I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time...I feel for you.  I want to tell you to do what YOU feel in your gut is the best thing for you and your family and dont worry about what anyone else thinks or says.  Listen to your gut.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That really depends on the person. I would say its more heartbreaking than you think. 

Quoting paganmommy4:

as a mom who placed her child for adoption its not as heart breaking as you think. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

What do you want us to suggest? You're ruling out the only 2 options....

I'd only say test to e sure you're preggo before you freak out..more

Oh and if y iu're not preg  snip your tubes  if you feel this way. 

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM
When I was 36 we had 3 kids. Our youngest at the time wasn't even 1 and had major health issues. We were struggling financially and I just felt mentally done and overwhelmed. I found out I was pregnant and cried for 2 days before telling my dh. He smiled, put his hand on my tummy, and hugged me. It was rough, but I honestly feel like #4 made our family complete. I know right now you are probably on shock and not happy. Every child is a blessing. (((HUGS))
jak3739
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I am 37 and days away from having another baby.  I struggled with infertility, too, and had thought my baby days were over and then along came this littlle one.  It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning.  We homeschool our two other kids, or I should say I do, I work part-time, help take care of my disabled mother and stuggle with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  But, this baby is a special miracle and even though it doesn't fit into "my plan" I am so much happier knowing that i got a special surprise.  I can totally relate and there are many times that I wonder how in the world can I even begin to do all this.  But, we get the strength to go on, and having another little love will feel differently when it is a baby in your arms as opposed to terrible early pregnancy symptoms.  Just don't make any rash decisions, regret is worse than exhaustion.  Hang in there.  I will be praying for you, too.  Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

If adoption isn't an option, then you have abortion or parenting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Quoting TrouserMouse:

You didn't mention if you have actually tested??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Update!!!!! I ran to the store and took a test. While I "might" have miscalculated dates and it might be early to test, there was a BFN praise The Lord!!!! And it gave me time to think. Could I end my unborn child's life, having 2 gorgeous kids. The answer is no. I would have wanted to die but I would have stuck it out. Time to get permanent birth control. Thank you so much ladies for your advice and support. Pray it continues to be BFN!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Thank you for telling me your story and for your encouraging words... Keep your fingers crossed for me, big hugs.

Quoting jak3739:

I am 37 and days away from having another baby.  I struggled with infertility, too, and had thought my baby days were over and then along came this littlle one.  It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning.  We homeschool our two other kids, or I should say I do, I work part-time, help take care of my disabled mother and stuggle with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  But, this baby is a special miracle and even though it doesn't fit into "my plan" I am so much happier knowing that i got a special surprise.  I can totally relate and there are many times that I wonder how in the world can I even begin to do all this.  But, we get the strength to go on, and having another little love will feel differently when it is a baby in your arms as opposed to terrible early pregnancy symptoms.  Just don't make any rash decisions, regret is worse than exhaustion.  Hang in there.  I will be praying for you, too.  Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN