Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meth or drugs in general

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I used to do meth. i miss the feeling the burn aftet u snort it. how it made my teeth freeze. how i felt so cool n badass. i wish i never tried because i feel triggered to use it everytime i see movies about drugs etc. i really want to lose weight n try daily not to give in. to the tempation.
does anyone else deal with with? Ive since dealt with addictions to drinking. cold medicines anything i can get. will these feelings about meth ever go away. will i ever be able to get complelty clean? Ive fallen into a depression since ive stopped n i feel something something in my head is wrong. i dont feel excitment or happiness anymore. im afraid of telling the doctors about the meth but could it have anything to do with my extreme depression?

Answers please. advice anything that can help me look positivly at quitting instead of making me feel that i was better using?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
That stuff literally kills brain cells. It's very likely that that's a huge part of your problem. If you continue, you will feel less and less when sober. You will die never really feeling anything again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Stay the hell away from that shit.  

CookiePwnz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Girl, get yourself into therapy... Seriously. I'm not saying that to be mean, but you need to learn to live a happy HEALTHY life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Its been three years since i last used meth. i was on it for two years everyday. i never hit rock bottem i didnt tweak out it. nothing bad happened from using i quit because i got pregnant n since it was $$habit i never picked it back up.

but i badly want to
kmLacey
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this
You are an addict (that is not a bash, I was once in the same position just with different drugs.) I also used to seek out other things when my drug of choice wasn't available or when I tried to stop. When you are replacing one drug with another, you are not clean and you still remain an addict. With an addiction to the extent of yours, it usually takes outside help of sone sort ...meetings, counseling, inpatient or outpatient rehab, recovery homes, etc. I tried several times to getclean and eevery attempt was failed until I finally reached out. I went to a recovery home...which is not like rehab, it was way more laxe, and there was a lot more of a homier feel to it...there were only 3 women and the "house" mom and we were in a house on the beach. Every addict is different and requires a different approach but if you are truly ready to give it up, do some research and find what's best for you. I've never personally done meth but I've heard it's one of the hardest to kick..and the hardest on your body and brain! Good luck.

P.s....Though you do have to do it for YOURSELF for it to be a successful recoveey, just think about what you could lose and the pain your kids would feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Stay the hell away from that shit.  

1stpreggers
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

In rehab many drug abusers learn that they have always had addiction problems due to a deep set depression. If you get help for the depression such as counseling and/ or anti depressants then it could help you a lot. It takes time but if you keep yourself clean and far away from anyone with or on drugs the craving will start to get less and less. its good to tell your doctors so they can help, take it one day at a time and dont be ashamed to ask for help either from family or an AA group.

Momtogirls0823
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I also wanted to add that due to dr./patient confidentiality your dr. can't disclose to family, etc., that you are an addict.  Also, don't worry that he/she will judge!  Believe me they have most likely seen it all and won't think anything of it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I think after using a drug that you really loved & were addicted to that feeling of wanting it never goes away. If you seek out help with substance abuse they will give you ways to cope with those feelings. You really need to treat the underlying condition too (depression).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)