Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yikes! i think he wants a baby ......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I have two kids ages 16 and 8. I have long thought my pregnancy days were over, I feel done and have zero desire for another baby. Ok, well i recently got remarried and i have always made it clear since we've been together that my baby days were done. My dh has no bio children and has started hinting at having a baby.
How do i handle this???? Help!

Eta-- I'm 35 and he is 40.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Give the man a baby ;)

Seriously, those things are considered deal breakers to me.  I want more children, if my partner didn't, I'd be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this
If he wanted a baby that badly it should've been a deal breaker before we got married. I was very upfront about my "no baby" feelings.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Give the man a baby ;)

Seriously, those things are considered deal breakers to me.  I want more children, if my partner didn't, I'd be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Bumpity!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Bumping for advice!!
Rosamaria101
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Well think long and hard about it. Then tell him your decisiĆ³n. What happens If a few years from now you want the baby but he doesnt? Or you cant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana-to-9
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM

You may have discussed this prior to marriage, but people change.  it sucks, but that is life.  If as a couple you cannot agree, the marriage will not last.  One of you will need to find a way to alter your desire...or lack of desire, for a baby.  There are really no other options.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I honestly don't think i will want another. I have an IUD and I plan to get a tubal when it's time for it to be removed. I just hate to hurt him by saying no. :(

Quoting Rosamaria101:

Well think long and hard about it. Then tell him your decisiĆ³n. What happens If a few years from now you want the baby but he doesnt? Or you cant?
anchorgurl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I agree with you.  If you were clear that you did not want to have another baby before you were married then he should respect that.  Has he really thought about being 50 with a 10 year old...or having a kid starting college when he is near 60?

Quoting Anonymous:

If he wanted a baby that badly it should've been a deal breaker before we got married. I was very upfront about my "no baby" feelings.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Give the man a baby ;)

Anastacia1988
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Try just setting out the pro's and cons be logical ... Guys get logical
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)