Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am worried my neice and nephew are going to kill my unborn baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I have been keeping my neice and nephew who are 7 and 9 for free for my brother everyday. These kids have issues. They have attitudes and do not listen to anyone and fight with each other all the time. The worse part is their dad spoils them and never really punishes them. The problem is I am 9 months pregnant with hypertension and superimposed HIP.  My doctr is going to induce me next week sometime because I am 38 weeks. So until then I am trying to keep my blood pressure down. I have tried explaining to my neice and nephew that their attitudes have to change and they have to be nice to each other and me but they still do not listen because they know their daddy will do nothing to them. I tried talking to him and all he says is that he is working all the time and he has no one else to depend on. I am so frustrated with them that I think just looking at them makes me angry because i know they do not respect me and really could care less about their cousin. I am just not sure what to do . I want to help my brother because he is a singel father and just tryin g to make it but I have to think of my child as well,

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Problems or not I would have told my brother I can no longer watch the children once the baby comes anyway. You will be exhausted, elated,  and you need that time to bond and focus on baby.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

too bad. looks like he's going to have to find some other sap to push his kids onto. you have a baby to worry about.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

look your own baby should come before anyone elses...if your brother doesnt want to discipline them.tell him he needs to make other arrangements.you are having problems with your pregnancy and do not need this stress..

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell their dad that your doctor said you can no longer watch them.

XJetX
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him you can no longer watch them. You need to think about yourself and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Your baby needs to come first. He has about a week to find a new baby sitter.
surromama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I understand helping him out, but you are putting his needs before your own and it can hurt you a lot more. He needs to make other arrangements. There are camps, boys and girls clubs, etc. You need to get them away from you NOW! He will have to make other arrangements when you have the baby anyway, unless you have to babysit in the hospital, lol. Don't let those undisciplined kids around your newborn. Sounds like a very bad situation. Hugs. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell your brother he needs to find new daycare ASAP.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

How is there even a question here?  You can keep them and CONTINUE to put your child at risk or you can let him handle his own shit.  My brother would be handling his own shit, sorry.  And I wouldn't have lasted this long.

robyann
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

You are risking your own health not to mention the health of your baby. Helping your brother out shouldn't cost you that! 

If you weren't pregnant I"d tell you to put your foot down with those kids. You are their aunt, and they father needs your help. You have to discipline them. 

But at this point with you being prengant and having health issues, you really need to stop watching them. You could help him find someone else. But you have to put the health of you and your baby above anyone else's kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)