Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Weight Loss Advice! Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am 5'6" and 215lbs post-pregnancy. At my lightest weight I was 130lbs and looked good. I need tips to get back to 130 fast! I hate looking this way! I eat healthy, no processed foods, under 1200cal a day. I only drink water. I need at-home work out ideas. I used to swim 3 hours a day, but with the baby I can't do thAt. Help please!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Take the baby for walks/jogs. They also have exercise classes that are for new moms, where the baby is incorporated.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

work out videos? you can get them for $10 at walmart. bodyrock.com also has workouts, and its free, go for walks, dance in your living room.....

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM

do you have a computer?  i dance along to justdance videos on youtube, cheaper than the gym and a good cardio workout.  i que the videos so i just click from one to the next without much of an interruption. 

maybe you arent getting enough calories to lose weight?

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
At your height and weight esting under1200 is probably putting your body into starvation mode. I would est at your bmr for best results. If you're about 30 and moderately active your bmr is 2282 cals, more if you're breastfeeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm 22, I've been eating 1200cal a day since I was 15, during pregnancy I never went over 1600. No longer breast feeding.

Quoting mesfilles:

At your height and weight esting under1200 is probably putting your body into starvation mode. I would est at your bmr for best results. If you're about 30 and moderately active your bmr is 2282 cals, more if you're breastfeeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I just can't do a lot of exercise that involves my right ankle because I severely broke it a couple years ago and it didn't heal properly. That's why I swam so much.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

do you have a computer?  i dance along to justdance videos on youtube, cheaper than the gym and a good cardio workout.  i que the videos so i just click from one to the next without much of an interruption. 

maybe you arent getting enough calories to lose weight?

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I'm having a very hard time believing that you actually stick to 1200 calories a day and have done so for 7 years, and yet are 80+ pounds overweight.

What are you eating?  It does make a difference. 

And yes, it is not enough. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm 22, I've been eating 1200cal a day since I was 15, during pregnancy I never went over 1600. No longer breast feeding.

Quoting mesfilles:

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I just posted today the eating plan I'm following.  

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18792610/How_Im_Losing_Weight_piog 

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Have you ruled out any medical conditions?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mesfilles:

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

1200 calories is not enough at your current weight as well as if you are breastfeeding, pop the baby in the stroller for daily walks, use the baby as your hand weights such as doing curls by lifting the baby, overhead press by raising the baby, squats with the baby, leg extensions with baby seated on your feet, sit baby on your belly and do sit ups.  Keep your main carbs for before Noon and then just meat and veggies after Noon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)