Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap! What should I do????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I checked my sons facebook today and seen that he has been sexting with his girlfriend (also 14) and talking about wanting to have sex. I have handled things with my son and the issue has been managed on our end, but I can't decided if I should tell his girlfriends mom or not. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Saw*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to her parents too. They'll both be mad at you for saying anything, but its better than having your son and her be teen parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a life. I have bigger things to worry about right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saw*

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

One would hope you bought him rubbers and instructed him on their proper use!! While you might think you've handled it - it will not stop him from having sex at some point - probably right under your nose.

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'd talk to either her parents or your son and the two of them together. My hs boyfriends mom realized we were gonna have sex no matter what so she offered to take me to the doctor And she didn't treat us like we were stupid. So I trusted her. She was awesome. Granted qe were 17 and had beed dating almost a year but still. Only you know if the girls parents will freak out with which step you take first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I'm not asking your opinion on how I should handle the matter with my child or what you "hope" I did. I'm asking opinions on if I should inform her parents or not.

Quoting SageAdvice:

One would hope you bought him rubbers and instructed him on their proper use!! While you might think you've handled it - it will not stop him from having sex at some point - probably right under your nose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes call her parents and tell them than put a block on his phone so he can't send or receive pics you can take his phone away and make him get the fake baby for a week or two to see how he reacts to it than I'd reccomend her parents do the same thing and than see if you can find a couple of teen moms and dads in the area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right.  You need to learn how to parent.  Instead you have to come on the internet to ask what to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a life. I have bigger things to worry about right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saw*

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM

This! It wont stop the text version, unless you take his phone away, but itll help. Maybe take them to one of those child birthing classes and the electronic baby classes. I know most 14 y.o. boys and girls see a REAL delivery, they have them on Youtube,  or have to care for one of those electronic babies, and they change their minds about sex....QUICK.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes call her parents and tell them than put a block on his phone so he can't send or receive pics

robyann
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM

try to put yourself in the other parent's shoes, if it were your dd wouldn't you want to know? I would want to know, I'd appreciate the other parent coming to me. The other parent may stop them from seeing eachother, or at least try. You can't control what they do with the info, but I think I'd want to know if it were my dd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)